I think many have felt as I do, that the WOD was a sham, and did little if anything to stem drug abuse.
What it really did was drive prices up, and disproportionately incarcerate a particular segment of the population.
Discuss your feelings and insights on the WOD, and browse through the link included.
Apparently the History Channel is finally telling some of the truth about this massive policy failure.

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/18/the-history-channel-is-finally-telling-the-stunning-secret-story-of-the-war-on-drugs/
I consider it a well known farce at this point.
My God, it's full of stars!
Should have gone to war while on drugs, instead of going to war against them IMO.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I thought everyone already knew this though.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.
I don't get it, if it is a war on drugs, why are they fighting people, instead of fighting the drugs?

While the US started fighting cartels and drug users, marihuana started to secretly gain an army. They got 100.000 joints armed with AK-47s. I also heard they got the support of LSD, who will be fighting with the cavalry.
Apparently cocaine and heroine are fringe guerrilla groups that hide in civilian centers and use them as human shields. I heard they started using terrorist attacks too. Disgusting.
They need to up their game. Break into hippie communes bearing assassult rifles. That'll end drug use once and for all.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Should have gone to war while on drugs

That was Vietnam.
I think the suggestion that the CIA in Afghanistan are there, at least in part, to control the poppy fields is interesting.
That's not the first time I've heard that.
Quote by 33db
That was Vietnam.

You lost because you took the wrong drugs.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Waste of time and money until you get rid of those stores with huge neon signs that say "Discount Drugs"
"It's better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war"
Last edited by Smith357 at Jun 18, 2017,
Quote by 33db
I think the suggestion that the CIA in Afghanistan are there, at least in part, to control the poppy fields is interesting.

It's seen as common knowledge by the (few) Afghanis I know. I have no idea how accurate or representative their opinions are though.
cat
Quote by bradulator

Makes you wonder if that was responsible for the overall explosion in drug use by every community.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You lost because you took the wrong drugs.

They should've taken the Wong drugs.

(this was a bad, racist attempted joke)
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I've been interested for a few weeks now as to how History Channel is going to portray it. I did a good amount of research on it back in the day, so it'll be fun to see how their coverage gets me butthurt, whether not expanding on details for certain parts, or flat out disinfo.

Their latest topical series about the JFK assassination conspiracy and "new evidence" of it being the Soviets was pretty cancerous though, so I'm not going to set the bar for it being too decent in standards.
Quote by risingforce1
If you want to be good you gotta git gud
6/10 so far, and getting kind of lame. Didn't even mention that Leary worked with the CIA.

Anyone else starting to feel sleepy? Damn, I'm feeling so sleepy, and comfy, all of a sudden...
Quote by risingforce1
I'm getting so, very, sleepy... maybe I'll just take a *yawn*... a comfy melatonin... yeah..
Quote by risingforce1
lol at libtards want to legalize marijuana so they can pay sales tax on it; meanwhile hardworking entrepreneurs are out of work as trust fund babies open dispensaries next to starbucks -- the future liberals want.

marijuana causes re-vitiligo among whites as well as an interest in jazz music, erratic behavior, emotional instability, and satanic worship.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Lessons from the failure we know as the Alcohol Prohibition did not carry over to the war on drugs. Heroin is illegal, but oxycotin is FDA approved for 11 year olds. Makes total sense, right? Opioids are powerful, but only certain ones are illegal, and right now, it's prescription stuff that cranks out more problems than street drugs. 
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
Quote by 33db
pretty sure a lot of cia operations are funded by drug money. its an easy way to keep things off the books
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge