On my ibanez rg550xh ...i am trying to get lowest tension possible with obvious conditions.. i wanna know how low is actually possible ... i mean my ibanez has got 30 frets so .. low e in 27 fret buzzes when i clean it the action is too uncomfortable for me ... like is 1.5mm actually required.?.. i really cant play on that high actio plz.. enlighten me here bros. Or atleast tell me wht action u have .. attach a clear picture of your action if anybody can it'll be vry helpful
Quote by srijan.rv
On my ibanez rg550xh ...i am trying to get lowest tension possible with obvious conditions.. i wanna know how low is actually possible ... i mean my ibanez has got 30 frets so .. low e in 27 fret buzzes when i clean it the action is too uncomfortable for me ... like is 1.5mm actually required.?.. i really cant play on that high actio plz.. enlighten me here bros. Or atleast tell me wht action u have .. attach a clear picture of your action if anybody can it'll be vry helpful

I've posted this before, but Carvin (now Kiesel) used to advertise action "as low as 1/16th" at the 24th fret with no buzzing frets."
If you're there, low action at the 30th fret should be no big deal.
I like pretty low action, so I've had several of my guitars run through Gary Brawer's (San Francisco) PLEK, and I've had the frets superglued. The latter is to prevent them moving around as the weather changes, and it works very well. That's what has to happen with these, which are 36-fret:

dspellman how do i get that low plz give me tips for setup .. action is just ruining my experience. If i lower the bridge solely it will buzz for sure at this stage .. plz tell me whts going on
Quote by srijan.rv
dspellman  how do i get that low plz give me tips for setup .. action is just ruining my experience. If i lower the bridge solely it will buzz for sure at this stage .. plz tell me whts going on

Getting super low action without any buzzing starts with establishing if the frets on the guitar are perfectly level with one another. Otherwise, you'll get lots of fret buzz, particularly in areas of the fretboard where one fret is sitting slightly taller than the neighbouring frets, as it causes all the other frets behind it to choke out. Generally mass produced, affordable guitars do not have anywhere near perfect fret levelling. You'll need to take your guitar into a tech to perform some fretwork to get the frets sanded down so that they are all level with the neighbouring frets.

Then you need to learn how to set up the guitar yourself. Don't get someone else to set the guitar up for you; when you're playing with such a low action, any variation in playing style can make a huge difference to how much the frets buzz. Everybody plays guitar differently, so only you will really know how the guitar needs to be set up for your personal style of play.

Start with taking the guitar to a tech first who knows how to do fretwork.
Quote by srijan.rv
srijan.rvalso what exactlt does 1/16 mean?

1/16" of an inch. In metric, that's 1.58mm.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
T00DEEPBLUEso u saying 1.5mm something is least possible .. cause it cleans out buzz(obviously it will.. its high enough) but cant action go so lower that the distance is just about touch away .. like i dont want to press i just want to touch .. i have scalloped my finger board anyways so..
Quote by srijan.rv
T00DEEPBLUEso u saying 1.5mm something is least possible .. cause it cleans out buzz(obviously it will.. its high enough) but  cant action go so lower that the distance is just about touch away .. like i dont want to press i just want to touch .. i have scalloped my finger board anyways so..

There has to be some degree of height for the strings to vibrate, otherwise the guitar just doesn't play.

Getting low action on a guitar is all about nailing a perfect compromise between allowing the player to fret as lightly as possible, making intonation as accurate as possible, while still allowing enough string height for the strings to vibrate freely without buzzing.

Scalloping the fretboard has absolutely nothing to do with action.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
1-1.5 is pretty low. scolloping doesn't really have any effect on the action.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by srijan.rv
T00DEEPBLUEi considered scalloping here .. because here i have to make fragile press .. so does picking strenght too affects buzzing?

How hard you pick absolutely does affect how much buzz you get. Players who only pick very lightly are able to get away with a lower action and a straighter neck than those who pick harder.

This is why getting a guitar set up is such a subjective thing, as everybody plays guitar differently, thus it would make sense to propose that the guitar is to be set up specifically for the needs of the person playing it. That's why learning how to set the guitar up yourself is so important.
Quote by TheSennaj
T00DEEPBLUE totally agree. I did ealk on that path n i think there is some thing wrong in my truss rod adjustment .. what i did is totally reset my guitar thruss was totally loosened, removed all strings (no tension remaining now).. and redid everything .. so after that m getting this high action problem.. before that it eas pretty comfortable for me ... what should i do now . Guitar shop is no way near ... i dnt wanna visit anyways i wanna do on my own
Last edited by srijan.rv at Jun 19, 2017,
Quote by srijan.rv
T00DEEPBLUE totally agree. I did ealk on that path n i think there is some thing wrong in my truss rod adjustment .. what i did is totally reset my guitar thruss was totally loosened, removed all strings (no tension remaining now).. and redid everything .. so after that m getting this high action problem.. before that it eas pretty comfortable for me ... what should i do now . Guitar shop is no way near ... i dnt wanna visit anyways i wanna do on my own

How to make truss rod adjustments:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/the_guide_to/truss_rod_tips.html

Absorb all this information and you'll be a guitar setup expert.
Quote by TheSennaj