Eypit, so I know I'm going to get a mix of responses here in the Pit but I figure why not ask here..

So basically for the last few weeks myself and 3 of my mates have been set on slowly getting a band rolling. It's essentially going to be a metalcore band (lolmetalcore) and we figured we'd jam along to a few cover songs next sessions before we get straight in to writing our own material, but we're unsure what are good straight forward metalcore songs to jam along to with some nice room for improv etc. So I guess nothing with very technical riffage / drumming but more so generic and powerchordy. We'd most likely be playing in Drop B so any songs from Drop B-Drop C# or so would be great. We're all in our early-mid 20s and have been playing a fair while on our respective instruments. If anyone has any ideas for songs that would be awesome. Cheers guys
Do a metalcore cover of Louie Louie
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Unholy Confessions - Avenged Sevenfold

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Pastafarian96
Do a metalcore cover of Louie Louie

This. According to legend, when The Kingsmen recorded it, they'd played a 90-minute version of the song at a gig the night before.

If that's not room for improv, then what is?

EDIT: Also, start a breakdown during Louie Louie, segue into Painkiller, then finish Louie Louie.
Last edited by slapsymcdougal at Jun 19, 2017,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Unholy Confessions - Avenged Sevenfold

this is a safe bet and could never possibly become a legendarily bad youtube video
Check out my band Disturbed
Cover of Killswitch Engage's cover of Holy Diver
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Bullet for My Valentine's material, especially Tears Don't Fall, would please any metalcore crowd.

That said, it'd be cool if you did a metalcore version of 'Monterey' by The Animals.