Poll: Should online ads ask if they're hurting you?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should online ads ask if they're hurting you?
Yes
0 0%
No
0 0%
Just Click the Little X
4 100%
Voters: 4.
I don't know how online ads get away with the emotional scarring they cause. Someone should sue.

I spent a good hour looking up stuff I really wanted that I could order online, but didn't order anything.

Now I'm getting bombarded with ads for those specific things on every page.

It physically hurts.

Time to clear out my cache.
Quote by 33db
Adblocker.

But like isn't that disloyal to the sites that we use for free and that just depend on us not to use adblocker because ads are their only revenue stream?
Quote by Spinnerweb
But like isn't that disloyal to the sites that we use for free and that just depend on us not to use adblocker because ads are their only revenue stream?

I can't tell if you're serious or not.
I look at it this way, the ads are dangerous in that they are the second or 3rd most common vector for malware after opening crap in your email.

Also, I never bought anything because of an online ad.
Quote by Spinnerweb

Maybe if they stopped making ads so obnoxious I'd actually turn it off.

I'd rather donate money to the channels I support willingly. Not unwillingly.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Maybe if they stopped making ads so obnoxious I'd actually turn it off.

I'd rather donate money to the channels I support willingly. Not unwillingly.
totally.

especially when they have awful curation for the kinds of ads they let run.

there are a handful of sites i use regularly that let malware and redirects through.

it's just irresponsible.

i actually need to get a decent blocker on my phone and the PC i'm using now.

i used to use Script Stopper when i had Firefox, but that got to be too much because it'd block everything on a page and trying to suss out what i actually needed for the site to function properly got to be too much.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
jakesmellspoo I used to use NoScript back in the day, but the same thing happened. The overuse of scripts kept getting worse and worse until I just couldn't deal with it anymore. I just run uBlock Origin now. It's just as much about security as it is about avoiding annoying ads.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
jakesmellspoo I used to use NoScript back in the day, but the same thing happened. The overuse of scripts kept getting worse and worse until I just couldn't deal with it anymore. I just run uBlock Origin now. It's just as much about security as it is about avoiding annoying ads.
i think i have that on my laptop, but i rarely use it. the thing's around 7 years old and ready to die.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
advertising is a content provider's way of saying they don't respect you

advertising is a manufacturer or retailer's way of saying their product is unnecessary and overpriced
LET THE PRODUCTS SELL THEMSELVES
FUCK ADVERTISING, COMMERCIAL PSYCHOLOGY
PSYCHOLOGICAL METHODS TO SELL SHOULD BE DESTROYED

hmu punx.
Adblock all day everyday
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

My Browser Plugins, cuz fuck them.

HTTPS Everywhere
Privacy Badger
WebRTC Control
LSO cookie remover (better privacy)
Adblocker (adblock plus)
NoScript
HTML5 Canvas Fingerprint (canvasblocker)
Download Youtube Videos as MP4