I'm looking to improve my playing ability and counting in alternative time signatures and wonder if you can recommend some songs?
In particular I'm looking for songs which are not too technical as I'd like to be able to focus on timing and counting not playing a thousand notes per second!
4 Strings only please!

Examples I've looked at so far:
- Money - Pink Floyd
- White Room - Cream

Too Technical:
- YYZ - Rush
- Dance of Eternity - Dream Theater
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by doive
I'm looking to improve my playing ability and counting in alternative time signatures and wonder if you can recommend some songs?
In particular I'm looking for songs which are not too technical as I'd like to be able to focus on timing and counting not playing a thousand notes per second!
4 Strings only please!

Examples I've looked at so far:
- Money - Pink Floyd
- White Room - Cream

Too Technical:
- YYZ - Rush
- Dance of Eternity - Dream Theater

Have a look at 'Take 5' By Dave Brubeck.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Time Stand Still by Rush has some easy time changes and is, in my opinion, their easiest song.

Most of it is 4/4, but there are parts, for example the intro, which alternates bars of 3/4 and 4/4, plus there's some 7/4 later on. There's also syncopation across the bars as well, so while it isn't technically a different time signature, your ability to hit note durations correctly is doubly important. If it's off, you throw the feel off. There's a lot of difference between a semibreve and a quaver tied with a semibreve in the next bar.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Jun 20, 2017,
Also came here to suggest Tool. Very interesting use of time signatures, but most aren't overly demanding to play. Something like Schism changes pretty much every other bar
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
Seven Days - Sting 
Golden Brown - The Stranglers (or Omar) 
Hangin' Tree - QOTSA 
Burning Beard - Clutch 
Kashmir - Led Zep 
Take Five - Dave Brubeck Quartet