Hey, everyone. I've looked on the forum and have found similar questions, but not quite like mine. I have an EHX Mig50 re-issue head, a Mesa (oversized) 4x12, and a Marshall MG cab. On the back of the head, I have one of each of the following ports: 4ohm, 8ohm, and a 16ohm. On the back of my Mesa cab, I have one 8ohm port and two 4ohm ports. The Marshall MG cab only has two 8ohm ports. How can I hook up the head to these cabs correctly? Thanks!
You cannot run 2 outputs from your amp at 2 different impedances. Some amps allow you to run more than 1 output at 1 impedance rating so you can run more than one cabinet. Your amp isn't one of them.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I suppose you could run both cabinets in series. The total impedance of the setup would be the sum of the 2 cabinets.

If you use the 4ohm input of the mesa and the 4ohm output into the 8ohm input of the Marshall, you'll get a total impedance of 12ohms. In such a situation, running the amp's 8ohm output would be best.

Please check the manuals for the mesa and the marshall cabs before you try this though. It might not be wired the way I'm guessing it could be.

But seriously, why do you want to run a Marshall MG cabinet anyway? They sound terrible.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee