A while ago I acquired a Laney VC30 212 which I absolutely adore. I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions on maybe making it sound a little more voxy in terms of its speakers and tubes. Thanks to everyone ahead of time!
I haven't tried a speaker swap on the vc30 but i would imagine alnico blues (or other speakers in that style). The big problem is that that will get expensive very quickly considering you need two of them, and you could end up spending more than you spent on the amp! it might be easier to get something more voxy and sell the vc30.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
it might be easier to get something more voxy and sell the vc30.

Like a Vox perhaps?

No point buying an amp then trying to make it sound like a different amp!
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
yeah. I mean, i know people always say the vc30 is like a poor man's vox, but i'm not sure. i guess it's closer than most other options at that price point, but i don't think it's that voxy. (though it's ages since i've tried one )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Best bet might be to get a pedal for some outboard Vox "vibed" tones.... SansAmp Liverpool , Boss Combo Drive BC-2....
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah. I mean, i know people always say the vc30 is like a poor man's vox, but i'm not sure. i guess it's closer than most other options at that price point, but i don't think it's that voxy. (though it's ages since i've tried one )

I can always see why people say that, but the price difference isn't huge and to be honest, I bought my VC30 because I preferred it to the Vox.  Someone who prefers the Vox should get the Vox.

If it means saving a little longer, so be it.  There's no point buying something you aren't satisfied with just because it's cheaper.  You'll always regret it till you get what you really wanted in the first place.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
^ Yeah definitely. I mean, I know if you're not careful, you can say, "It's only another £50..." a bunch of times and before you know it your original budget has doubled, but if it's something which is a lot more suitable and the price difference isn't that much, then it's usually worth paying a little more.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?