Hi everyone,

Very brief question: I've been looking at a guitar for a few days and it looks stunning.

It's a PRS SE Custom 24 2011 (in Purple Burst, my fave colour), and it's pre-owned going for £500.

It looks stunning but the only thing is that the stock pickups have been replaced with Bare Knuckle VHII's. 

In my position, would you go for a PRS that has had its stock pickups replaced? Is it worth losing a 'PRS' sound for a great deal?

I think that before, the stocks were HFS Treble and Vintage Bass if that helps.

My style is pretty much anything with a guitar, so I'm looking for a pretty good all-rounder.

Thanks!
You're looking at this guitar, aren't you?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Prs-Se-Custom-24-With-Bareknuckle-pickups-/302353686219?hash=item4665af1ecb:g:ATMAAOSw6ShZRoqG

Compared to what these guitars typically sell for used, £500 is really overpriced.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=prs%20se%20custom%2024&_dcat=33034&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=3000&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Sure it has BKP's, but aftermarket pickups don't add that much value. Maybe an extra £50 over the stockers, but not an extra £150.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I see... I must admit I was enraptured by the lovely colour at first glance. Considering a purple guitar is often rare to come by, and on a PRS no less.

Oh well, for another day I suppose. Maybe I'll have a look at the other Customs up for sale.

Cheers man
TBH, the pickups on an SE Custom are pretty decent all rounders. Unless you're after really high gain sounds, it won't take a lot of tweaking the amp to get it sounding fine.

That's not to say they'll blow your mind at everything you try, but tbh, I doubt any pickups would do that.
Thanks all for your advice

Small update: I'm thinking of putting in an offer of £420, which I think is well worth it. I know that's a massive price-drop but hey, ya never know.
Last edited by odnetninadlez at Jun 20, 2017,
Alright, as a last offer, do you guys think £463 is worth it for the beaut? As seen in Toodeepblue's first url
Quote by odnetninadlez
Alright, as a last offer, do you guys think £463 is worth it for the beaut? As seen in Toodeepblue's first url

I still think that's a bit overpriced. But if you really want a purple guitar with BKP's, fine. It's your decision.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I think purple is rare enough, if it was in great shape and the replacement job was done well, I'd go for it, but asking for proof of that might be more than the seller is willing to do to make the sale.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
dementiacaptainwow didn't realize the purple prs were going for so much. I have a purple 2014 prs se custom 24 for sale and nobody has really shared any intrest in it. I'm going to be trading for an 86 kramer focus 3000 with the evh Frankenstein pup. I will say the prs have an amazing quality to them.