hi. i wanna play hard rock - metal music and also pop music. please tell me a guitar that can handle both. and not too expensive
1) budget, new/used, location?

2) your amp will determine your tone more than your guitar- what do you have?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
HSS superstrat of some description, I would say.

Also as danny says, the amp is very important. But something with an HSS layout will help a lot, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
im gonna buy the  VOX DA-5

[h][/h]

i did my research on what HSS meant and im gonna go with that. thank you guys. so what do u think about the amp?
The same questions apply.

The DA-5 isn't the best nor the worst amp out there. Can you afford better?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
The same questions apply.

The DA-5 isn't the best nor the worst amp out there.  Can you afford better?

no i cant afford better. so what is its sound? also can u recommend other HSS guitars?
Is there a market in your location for and are you willing to buy used? You will get better gear for the same price as new cheaper gear.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

A Yamaha Pacifica would be hard to beat as an entry-level HSS guitar.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
A Yamaha Pacifica would be hard to beat as an entry-level HSS guitar.

i dont want an entry level. i want medium level guitars. not too expensive 
Quote by Evilnine
Is there a market in your location for  and are you willing to buy used? You will get better gear for the same price as new cheaper gear.

ill see about that thank you
Quote by yamenhesham22
ill see about that thank you

Used gear is a great way to get more for your money I bought two of my four amps used and 14 of my 15 guitars were used when I bought them.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by yamenhesham22
i dont want an entry level. i want medium level guitars. not too expensive 

If a $100 amp like that Vox is the most you can afford right now, you certainly can't afford a medium-level guitar.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
If a $100 amp like that Vox is the most you can afford right now, you certainly can't afford a medium-level guitar.

my thoughts exactly.

yamenhesham22 you still haven't answered the question what is your budget, and where are you located to give us an idea of whats available to you.