is it possible to get rid of some resonance a semi acoustic have? 
maybe putting some sort of spogne inside the hollow side or covering the holes?
Quote by centravanti
thanks, and it kills completely the resonance? like I'd be playing a les paul for example?

Nope. But if you're playing something like a 335, it'll be damned close.

Better yet, no one can tell that you've got them in (like Invisalign).
If you've got a Super 400, you might still have issues; that's a BIG body.
Quote by dspellman
Nope. But if you're playing something like a 335, it'll be damned close.

Better yet, no one can tell that you've got them in (like Invisalign).
If you've got a Super 400, you might still have issues; that's a BIG body.

it would be a 339... 
and I don't want necessarely get a LP tone, it's enough not earing the resonance when I play with headphones...
Quote by centravanti
it would be a 339... 
and I don't want necessarely get a LP tone, it's enough not earing the resonance when I play with headphones...

HAH! Even if you've got a solid body Les Paul, you're going to hear *something* from the strings in air. I have some of the most solid body LPs in the universe, and you can still hear them, even if you're running 9's.

If by "headphones" you mean four-buck buds, then nothing's going to help you. You should be looking at over-the-ear cans with good response. Or at least the earbuds that plug your ear canal.

Story: I have Variax guitars. Even on the solid body guitars, you can hear the strings. The thing with Variax is that you can change the tuning that you *hear* out of the amp (or headphones) to something completely different, but you never have to change the string tension on the guitar. It's still in E standard (or whatever you've tuned it to originally). If you've got the amp turned way down, or if you're playing through cheap iPhone type earbuds, you hear BOTH the strings in E from the guitar and the changed tuning (say, Drop C) from the amp and it's very weird. A friend of mine walked in while I was practicing one day with headphones on (so that *I* can ONLY hear Drop C, for example) and listened to what I was playing on the strings. After, she said, "Hope you don't mind me asking this, but are you sure you can play guitar? What I heard sounded awful."
Last edited by dspellman at Jun 21, 2017,
Quote by dspellman
HAH!  Even if you've got a solid body Les Paul, you're going to hear *something* from the strings in air. I have some of the most solid body LPs in the universe, and you can still hear them, even if you're running 9's.  

If by "headphones" you mean four-buck buds, then nothing's going to help you. You should be looking at over-the-ear cans with good response. Or at least the earbuds that plug your ear canal.

Story: I have Variax guitars. Even on the solid body guitars, you can hear the strings. The thing with Variax is that you can change the tuning that you *hear* out of the amp (or headphones) to something completely different, but you never have to change the string tension on the guitar. It's still in E standard (or whatever you've tuned it to originally). If you've got the amp turned way down, or if you're playing through cheap iPhone type earbuds, you hear BOTH the strings in E from the guitar and the changed tuning (say, Drop C) from the amp and it's very weird. A friend of mine walked in while I was practicing one day with headphones on (so that *I* can ONLY hear Drop C, for example) and listened to what I was playing on the strings. After, she said, "Hope you don't mind me asking this, but are you sure you can play guitar? What I heard sounded awful."

Yes I know, I have a LP but it doesn't get even close to the resonance I have from 339... and LP mounts 52-12 while 339 52-10..

And all considered that I use 100euros AKG headphones... 

so... If I'd get the 339 to LP levels it would be acceptable...

Story: I am too much in love with the big chunky neck of the 339
Quote by centravanti
Y
And all considered that I use 100euros AKG headphones... 

so... If I'd get the 339 to LP levels it would be acceptable...

Story: I am too much in love with the big chunky neck of the 339

Cool -- I'm using AKG 240's.
I think the plugs will definitely get you most of the way there. I've got 335s and an AM205, but it's an old (1949) ES-175 that needed the plugs.
Quote by dspellman
Cool -- I'm using AKG 240's.
I think the plugs will definitely get you most of the way there. I've got 335s and an AM205, but it's an old (1949) ES-175 that needed the plugs.

which kind of plugs do you use?
Quote by centravanti
which kind of plugs do you use?

I have f-hole plugs like Doug's plugs, but I don't remember if they were from Doug's Plugs or not. It's been a while.