Hey guys, I came across and opportunity to buy the above mentioned amp and cab for less than 300 euros for both and I'm thinking about going for it. I checked some youtube videos and liked the tone but before committing to anything I'd like to get an opinion on if this is a good investment or not. I play a big range of music, from electronic and funk to metal but I'm a bit of an idiot gear wise. Is this a good opportunity, are they good and reliable for recording and are they playable live? 
It seemed the world was divided into good and bad people. The good ones slept better... while the bad ones seemed to enjoy the waking hours much more.
Just realize that Blackstar markets these amps in a way that's misleading. They're not tube amps like they claim, they're hybrids that use solid state clipping as well as valves in much of the guitar's signal path.

I personally think the Blackstar HT amps in general are really bland and uninspired tonally. They're not atrocious, just not good.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
T00DEEPBLUE It sounded alright but just alright in most of the videos I've seen, that's why I wanted to check with the forum. It's a good opportunity compared to the head and cab's prices apart online (basically 2 in the price of 1) but if I can get something better I should. I want something that I can use across the board but I'm also on a bit of a budget. 
It seemed the world was divided into good and bad people. The good ones slept better... while the bad ones seemed to enjoy the waking hours much more.
300€ probably won't get you anything better, although I can't say I am much excited about the solid state gimmicry of Blackstar in this category, plus it is a 1watt amp. You could flush the head which is "bleh" and get an IRT 30 watt head down the line instead and you'd be in business.
I might actually go for Laney Cub 12R for €350.
Seems like a good deal for the money. It is a nice little practice amp. The following video includes it in a comparison of other small amps. It rates near the bottom but is only a fraction of the price. 

Quote by diabolical
300€ probably won't get you anything better, although I can't say I am much excited about the solid state gimmicry of Blackstar in this category, plus it is a 1watt amp. You could flush the head which is "bleh" and get an IRT 30 watt head down the line instead and you'd be in business.
I might actually go for Laney Cub 12R for €350.

you're probably not too far off jet cities, at least if the combos were ever in stock...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you're probably not too far off jet cities, at least if the combos were ever in stock...

The Jet City small head+cab bundle isn't bad though.

https://www.thomann.de/fi/jet_city_amplification_jca22h_guitar_head_bundle_3.htm?ref=search_rslt_jet+city_334078_11

Soldano-style sound goodness in small 22W form factor and a cab that is actually pretty decent with a speaker that is not the worst thing out there, all for 399€.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by diabolical
Let me guess, the Krank probably rated lower?
Class5 is beatiful btw, only 1 channel though.

Actually, they rated it #2, overall, they liked the Mesa Boogie mark v 25, the Krank and the Marshall class 5 the best.
Quote by MaaZeus
The Jet City small head+cab bundle isn't bad though.

https://www.thomann.de/fi/jet_city_amplification_jca22h_guitar_head_bundle_3.htm?ref=search_rslt_jet+city_334078_11

Soldano-style sound goodness in small 22W form factor and a cab that is actually pretty decent with a speaker that is not the worst thing out there, all for 399€.

yeah.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like the blackstar Ht series of amps but as others have mentioned they are not truly "all valve," so it is important to keep that in mind if/when you purchase one.  They do have valves in the preamp and power amp section but the vast majority of the preamp is still solid state and the distortion sounds like solid state distortion run through a valve power amp.  They do, however, sound pretty good.  I wouldn't get the 1 watt version though.  It doesn't have much headroom, and they have a very limited eq.  You need the 5 watt version if you ever want to play clean with any volume or if you want a 3 band eq but if you don't play clean the 1 watt could be worth a look.  I wouldn't buy one if you don't get the chance to play it 1st but if you have played one and like the tone they then it is a good amp.
Not taking any online orders.