A mature guitarist doesn't need to practice loudly I've come to notice. After 4 years of jazz school, I noticed the best guitarists in the program during my time there practiced rather quietly while the lesser guitarists practiced obnoxiously loud. I try to practice at a talking volume these days. It's just annoying when the girlfriend still complains it's too loud at 10pm

What do you gents think?
WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
What you need is a new amp
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I try not to be very loud, but sometimes ur mom just can't help herself lmao.

But seriously, there probably is a distinction, but I don't think it's as black and white as being better or worse for it. I think the 'louder' players, as you put it, play more by feel while the 'softer' players play more by ear, which probably gives them more of an edge, but that doesn't necessarily means they're a better guitarist for it.

I say this because I'd consider my dad a loud player while I myself am more of a softer player. He often admits I'm a lot better than him, but there's definitely some qualities he has that I don't. Namely improvisational skills, which is probably aided with playing by feel rather than by ear.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jun 22, 2017,
Depends on what you're practicing. I'm not a "heavy" player by any means, but there are some songs that you're really not playing right unless you're playing them loud.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by Diamond Dave
depends what you're practicing, and what you intend to perform.

you can do a lot of stuff quietly, but full volume is necessary sometimes too.

Yeah, so the point is you should be playing shoegaze all the time.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Depends on one's self importance
I play quietly if I can, but practicing dynamics is often extremely important
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day