Poll: Gender neutral uniforms?
Poll Options
View poll results: Gender neutral uniforms?
Yes
8 53%
No
7 47%
Voters: 15.
Page 1 of 5

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2017/jun/22/teenage-boys-wear-skirts-to-school-protest-no-shorts-uniform-policy

Some had borrowed from girlfriends, others from sisters. A few had gone the extra mile and shaved their legs. When the Isca academy in Devon opened on Thursday morning, an estimated 30 boys arrived for lessons, heads held high, in fetching tartan-patterned skirts. The hottest June days since 1976 had led to a bare-legged revolution at the secondary school in Exeter.

As the temperature soared past 30C earlier this week, the teenage boys had asked their teachers if they could swap their long trousers for shorts. They were told no – shorts weren’t permitted under the school’s uniform policy.

When they protested that the girls were allowed bare legs, the school – no doubt joking – said the boys were free to wear skirts too if they chose. So on Wednesday, a handful braved the giggles and did so. The scale of the rebellion increased on Thurday, when at least 30 boys opted for the attire.

A strong protest. Gender neutral uniforms should be implemented now.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
^ That is very hot for the UK....... we're not used to these temperatures....... no doubt it was really humid too..... it usually is when it's hot here.....
These guys talking about hot whether like they don't know Texas is going through 30c/100f and humid every week.
Supposed to be 39c/102f later today.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
These guys talking about hot whether like they don't know Texas is going through 30c/100f and humid every week.
Supposed to be 39c/102f later today.

Texas has air con though and British buildings for built for winter insulation

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Honestly, I was just posting to keep the utter derailing going.

I'm sorry.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by soundgarden1986
school uniforms are dumb as shit anyway

Depends on the school, some schools have cool nice handsom and cut looking uniforms, other's just aren't my color. 

They also cross dress like shit, >ankle socks

Bitches need to throw on some thigh highs. 
Last edited by stratkat at Jun 23, 2017,
We could wear shorts at my school, you wouldn't have wanted to though. Anyone in uniform shorts got beaten up
Cool, this happened again. Every year a boy wearing a skirt in protest of no shorts is in the "news". Who cares
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Texas has air con though and British buildings for built for winter insulation

lol try living in New England or the Midwest cause it gets hotter in the summer and colder in the winter
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
ha, my part of the world gets hotter/colder than your part of the world!
Quote by theogonia777
lol try living in New England or the Midwest cause it gets hotter in the summer and colder in the winter

So we have a smaller temperature difference.

That just means our weather systems are strong and stable.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Why would you take schoolgirls in skirts away from me?
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by 剣 斧 血
So we have a smaller temperature difference.

That just means our weather systems are strong and stable.

more like boring

you don't get real beach weather or real snowy weather
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
more like boring

you don't get real beach weather or real snowy weather

Real snowy weather I'll agree with, especially since I live near London.

But real beach weather? Sunshine and a chilling breeze is perfect. What are you on?
Where she can't see you
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by 剣 斧 血
Real snowy weather I'll agree with, especially since I live near London.

But real beach weather? Sunshine and a chilling breeze is perfect. What are you on?

"I go to the beach to be cold."
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
"I go to the beach to be cold."

Yeah, because a decently cool wind on a relatively warm day means being cold.
Where she can't see you
Grey skin to cinders
Last edited by 剣 斧 血 at Jun 23, 2017,
The entitled generation

Young adults are doing it as well.

https://www.yahoo.com/style/guy-wears-dress-work-make-point-dress-codes-192033214.html

We never had Air conditioning in any school that I ever went to and in my entire school career I can remember getting sent home for hot temperatures once when I was in high school, and guess what none of us ever died, passed out or had a heat stroke.

Kids and young adults today feel so entitled that they do not think they should have to follow rules and that they should be able to make the rules, sorry snowflakes that is not the way the world works so put your pants on and pull them up (if your in the U.S.) and get over yourselves.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jun 23, 2017,
Entitled because they want to wear shorts to they can learn in comfort. Maybe you were a slacker who wanted to get home from school ASAP but the current generation might actually wish to learn.

I support people doing whatever the fuck they want as long as nobody is getting hurt in the process. Anyways, it should be optional to wear pants or shorts, and the dress code should have both for boys and girls, it's nonsensical to make kids wear warm clothes in the summer.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Entitled because they want to wear shorts to they can learn in comfort. Maybe you were a slacker who wanted to get home from school ASAP but the current generation might actually wish to learn.

LOL we were not slackers just not snowflakes that felt entitled to "learn in comfort" as I said we didn't get sent home we just dealt with it being hot does not prevent one from learning.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by EndTheRapture51

What protest? It was boys being boys.. and WTF is a "gender neutral uniform"?
Quote by 33db

Yeah I had to chuckle at the use of "strong protest".
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Evilnine
LOL we were not slackers just not snowflakes that felt entitled to "learn in comfort" as I said we didn't get sent home we just dealt with it being hot does not prevent one from learning.

https://worksmart.org.uk/health-advice/where-you-work/summer-heat/there-maximum-temperature-workplaces

Workers rights mate. We're not all dinosaurs like you.

Quote by 33db

A gender neutral uniform aka girls can wear trousers or shorts, boys can wear dresses or skirts if they want. Gender neutral. Neutral to gender. It might be difficult for you, but surely even you can understand this simple concept?

1. Those kids look SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO British

2. "soared past 30C" bahahahahahaha. I wish it was 30C right now.
PM me for newts
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Your kidding right 30C or 86 Degrees is not hot, protest when temps hit the mid 90s or 35C.

You seem to like tossing around personal insults a real sign of matuirity.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Evilnine
Your kidding right 30C or 86 Degrees is not hot, protest when temps hit the mid 90s or 35C.

It's all relative you fuckwad.

StewieSwan
You too dork.
Quote by Evilnine

You seem to like tossing around personal insults a real sign of matuirity.

As I've explained earlier in the thread, in the UK we're used to cold-mild weather all around. We're not culturally or architecturally prepared for 30C heat - buildings are built to insulate and keep warm in the winter, not ventilate and keep cool in the summer. When temperatures hit over 30C railway lines buckle etc. because they're built to deal with temperate weather conditions, not heat. Therefore outside of workplaces, air cons are rare. Given that many schools are likely incorporating buildings from the 1930s-1950s it's perfectly reasonable to ask to wear shorts in what is considered "extreme" weather conditions for a country. Hopefully you can understand that.

Quote by whoomit

StewieSwan
You too dork.

no it's not, cuz I guarantee i deal with way colder temps than you nancys too
PM me for newts
Quote by whoomit

StewieSwan
You too dork.

Absolutely its relative to a bunch of whiney kids crying about temperatures that are not even hot enough to cause more than discomfort, nobody gonna have a heat stroke at those temps.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Evilnine
Absolutely its relative to a bunch of whiney kids crying about temperatures that are not even hot enough to cause more than discomfort, nobody gonna have a heat stroke at those temps.

Oh look

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/weather/10187140/Heatwave-deaths-760-lives-claimed-by-hot-weather-as-high-temperatures-continue.html

760 deaths

Quote by EndTheRapture51
https://worksmart.org.uk/health-advice/where-you-work/summer-heat/there-maximum-temperature-workplaces

Workers rights mate. We're not all dinosaurs like you.

A gender neutral uniform aka girls can wear trousers or shorts, boys can wear dresses or skirts if they want. Gender neutral. Neutral to gender. It might be difficult for you, but surely even you can understand this simple concept?

OOOooooo ETR takes the ageist swipe, and wouldn't that be a "gender neutral policy" instead of uniform?
Take off your feminist colored glasses and enjoy life once in a while.
Quote by StewieSwan
no it's not, cuz I guarantee i deal with way colder temps than you nancys too

Which would still be relative friend-o

Quote by 33db
feminist colored glasses

aka rose-tinted am I right?
Last edited by whoomit at Jun 23, 2017,
Page 1 of 5