View poll results: Which one?
2016 American Standard Telecaster
1 7%
2014 FSR American Standard Stratocaster with Channel Bound Neck
5 36%
2012 American Deluxe Telecaster
8 57%
Voters: 14.
Hi there, I am currently looking to trade my 2015 Gibson Standard SG for another guitar. Main reason I am trading it is because it nose dives everytime I play it and it's very annoying. I have 3 offers for it, a 2016 american standard telecaster, a 2014 FSR american standard strat with channel bound neck and a 2012 american deluxe telecaster. Which should I take in your opinion?
Quote by Gosss
Is the nose diving that bad?  SG's are great guitars.  

I have 2 and neither does it

TS: have you actually played any of those guitars? They're all good guitars (although I'd still prefer the SG) so it comes down to which you get on best with. We can't decide that for you, you can only find out by trying them.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
If you like everything about the SG but the dive you could try lighter tuners, a better strap like suede or  you could always move the strap button to the upper horn like Tony Iommi. 

From those three... I would pass on the "Parts-O-Strat" and figure out which spec's you like best on those two Tele's. Both are cool but have very dif' spec's. Me, I would be leaning towards the Deluxe.
Yeah honestly, selling a guitar for an issue that could be completely fixed with a better strap isn't the best idea. 
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yeah honestly, selling a guitar for an issue that could be completely fixed with a better strap isn't the best idea. 

I've always giggled at this solution. Because it's not a very good one.
I've watched people struggle with neck-heavy SGs, and of course, a different strap is always suggested first. What that does, usually, is pull the front of your shirt down and the back up. Because the SG is still neck-heavy, and if you have a grippy strap you've just transferred the desire of that guitar to bounce its headstock off the dirt from the strap sliding on the shirt to the shirt sliding on skin.

I've generally stayed away from SGs for more than just their neck-heavy ways; if you're used to most other guitars, an SG will move your left hand farther to the left if only because of the strap placement (putting it on the horn doesn't change this). That can bother some folks shoulders. I don't have good luck with upper fret access, either. While it looks as if it would be stellar, those little pointy horns are too close to the neck for my hands and getting in there requires some twisting.

We've fixed a couple of SGs by adding weight to the bottom of the guitar, either by inserting tungsten rods into holes we drilled into the body or (the ultimate kludge) by hanging a bag of fishing weighs off the bottom strap button.

Strats have always been much more ergonomic and balanced for several reasons: the upper horn strap button is located near the 12th fret of the neck (it's at what, the 19th fret on an SG?). The lower cutaway horn has a lot more room between it and the neck. The fretboard is located much more to the right as the guitar hangs in the straps, and I can't think of the last strat I played that was remotely neck heavy.

Teles ain't bad; the butt end of that body is so heavy that there really isn't much of a chance for it to be neck heavy.
YMMV sure but IMO Ive been fine with what I suggested and so have a lot of others. Its also still a better solution than selling a guitar you like for 1 little minor thing.

Heck you could reposition the strap button too. Personally I think swapping a guitar for something so minor is funnier than suggesting a strap.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I think they secretly wanted a fender and this is the excuse to make the change.  Notice, of all three choices, an LP isn't an option, and it too would resolve the interpreted issue. 
"I definitely don’t write all my music in a blackout, like I used to, although I did come up with some good stuff in a blackout."
-Matt Fucking Pike
Quote by Badluckpalms
I think they secretly wanted a fender and this is the excuse to make the change.  Notice, of all three choices, an LP isn't an option, and it too would resolve the interpreted issue. 

I agree.  Deep down he just wants a Tele.  
I would rather have the SG.

BUT...

hahahahaha014what do YOU like? they are seriously different guitars.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
dspellman

What you mentioned were spot on. I was not used to the neck feeling a bit further to the left. I also tried thicker leather straps but they still feel very uncomfortable. The sound of the guitar is really nice, it's just that I don't feel very comfortable using it.
Quote by hahahahaha014
dspellman

What you mentioned were spot on. I was not used to the neck feeling a bit further to the left. I also tried thicker leather straps but they still feel very uncomfortable. The sound of the guitar is really nice, it's just that I don't feel very comfortable using it.

That's cool. No fun playing on a guitar you don't get on with!
Quote by Gosss
I agree.  Deep down he just wants a Tele.  
It's understandable
Quote by Tony Done
I would be thinking more in terms of an HSS, HSH or HH strat type.
If the issue is just the neck dive, then I would say only the latter two of those pickup configurations are a sensible alternative. Indeed, I would also say that probably a Strat type is altogether not the way to go, but rather something else in the Gibson vein, unless the change in vibe is something OP specifically wants. Using a broad dichotomy for convenience, one way or another there are apparent differences between a Gibson-style guitar and a Fender-style guitar (I would suggest sustain on the upper frets is a big one in favour of Gibsons) and I would discourage people from making the switch either way (assuming they only have one guitar) for a minor issue like this, or really for any reason that isn't a preference for one general setup over another. If you like the SG, but don't like the neck dive, there are all sorts of set-neck, HH, Tune-O-Matic and Stopbar, three-tuners-a-side headstock guitars that will give you that sound without the attendant problem. Most Gibsons that aren't SGs will, most PRS guitars will. Dozens of other companies' spins on both will. Switching over to Fender isn't necessarily something I disapprove of as such, but it's kind of throwing the baby out with the bath water in this kind of situation.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
K33nbl4d3

I also own a PRS guitar and a schecter guitar so I am somewhat considering a switch to a tele haha. I'm just not sure if I should change the position of the strap button.