Hi everyone,

So I bought a new amp, the marshall dsl15c.
Before that I had a line 6 spider IV amp so this one is soooo much better!
But now I want a new guitar because I don't like the sound of my Epiphone Les Paul Classic Snakepit anymore.
I only play metallica songs (for now) and some iron maiden. 
I found this guitar: Jackson SLATXMG 3-6 Satin Black. 
Is this better for the style I play then the epiphone or do you guys know some other guitars?
Please help I don't  have the knowledge, just want to play at home with my MOP, justice and magnetic albums

Cheers,

Erik
What is it about the sound of the Epiphone that you don't like? You can absolutely play Metallica on an Epiphone Les Paul perfectly fine. Despite how these guitars marketed to make you believe, a new guitar isn't magically going to make you instantly play better at a particular style. A large portion of the problems newer players have with not being as proficient at playing a particular style as they like, is generally not resolved by getting a different guitar. It's caused by them not practicing their instrument enough, and/or their guitar just isn't set up properly.

Let's start again at the beginning, what was the thought process you took that lead you to looking at that Jackson? Are you looking at that guitar because you want a Floyd Rose? A thinner neck? EMG's? You need to tell us what specs you're looking for, along with your budget, your willingness to buy a used guitar, your general location and your budget.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
T00DEEPBLUE Thnx for the reply!
You're absolutely right I do need to practice more..
The thing I don't like is that it makes a zooming sound when distortion is on. I went to the shop 2 times and for 3 weeks it's good but then the buzzing/zooming sound starts again. So it need to get it fixed right, right? 
But..
When I bought the marshall dsl15c I was playing on a  PRS SE Zach Myers in the shop. I loved the tone of the guitar. Then I was at home with my new amp and I didn't liked the sound of my epiphone anymore (even without the buzzing sound). So I thougth I want a new guitar. 
I literly searched for metallica guitar (lol) and then this was one in the price cateogry, 700 euro's max (800$). And it has EMG's on it which I think I want because you guessed it metallica uses them..

So overal I need a lot of practicing and I know that but the main reason I want a new guitar is that the 500 euro guitar in the shop sounded way better then the epiphone les paul.
Quote by erikburema861
T00DEEPBLUE Thnx for the reply!
You're absolutely right I do need to practice more..
The thing I don't like is that it makes a zooming sound when distortion is on. 

I honestly have no idea what could be causing that based on your description. You're going to have to be a bit more descriptive than that if you want to know what is happening. Did you buy a guitar or a motorcycle?
I went to the shop 2 times and for 3 weeks it's good but then the buzzing/zooming sound starts again. So it need to get it fixed right, right? 
But..
When I bought the marshall dsl15c I was playing on a  PRS SE Zach Myers in the shop. I loved the tone of the guitar. Then I was at home with my new amp and I didn't liked the sound of my epiphone anymore (even without the buzzing sound). So I thougth I want a new guitar. 
I literly searched for metallica guitar (lol) and then this was one in the price cateogry, 700 euro's max (800$). And it has EMG's on it which I think I want because you guessed it metallica uses them..

So overal I need a lot of practicing and I know that but the main reason I want a new guitar is that the 500 euro guitar in the shop sounded way better then the epiphone les paul.

In what way did it sound better? Did you take your guitar with you when you were trying the amp out? Could be any number of reasons why the amp sounded so much better and it might not have to do with the guitar at all. The acoustics of the room you're situated in and your position in that room relative to the amp make an enormous difference to how an amp sounds. 

If you want to make an educated decision to which guitar to buy would be the right one for you, you need to think about what exactly you#re looking for in a guitar in terms of feel as well as sound. What exactly are you looking for in terms of feel? Do you want a Floyd Rose bridge? Do you want a thinner neck? Give us an idea of what specs you're looking for.

If you don't know how to answer that, then you need to go back to the guitar store and try a bunch of guitars out and find out what you like based on that experience.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.