His tone on solos is awesome. It is one of the best tones I ever heard. Does anyone know how he did it?
Thanks for responding. Adam Jones from Tool uses the same pick up. It is for the bridge, right? What should I get in the neck?
Yep', Bridge slot. Jerry Cantrell's "Blue Dress" Rampage is bridge pup only, single vol with no tone control and a Khaler locking trem.  I imagine he used some kind of Marshall but IDK. 
Quote by NostraHistoria
His tone on solos is awesome. It is one of the best tones I ever heard. Does anyone know how he did it?

According to some magazine I read a while back, he used mostly a Fender Twin Reverb for Jar of Flies. Not sure about the JB on his signature Rampage, but his favorite PUs have always been the Motor City Afwayu and 2nd Degree Black Belt.

His original rig was the Bogner-modified JCM 800, the Mesa Boogie Dual Rec prototype, the Bogner Fish preamp, etc. He has also used the Bogner Shiva, Alchemist, and Uberschall. He now has the signature Friedman JJ 100.
I read that the Shiva amp is his main amp. I never saw it in person. It must be really good. I bought the Uberschall pedal. I have not recorded with it, yet. I hope it is good. 
+1 The MotorCity handmade pups brand being his current pup of choice.
Last edited by Guitaraxe at Jun 25, 2017,
Had seen a youtube video describing how he had recorded one of the earlier AiC albums, it's not something your going to be able to reproduce with a single amp. Wouldn't be surprised if it's some sort of witchcraft on all his albums!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
I think I remember that company, Guitaraxe. Thanks, for the info.