Bros i was going to use guitar rig 5 .. i havnt ever before... i just downloaded it.. i dont know how to connect to my win7 laptop.. will the normal male to female jack work here? ( direct guitar to pc's microphone jack).. or i have to bring my amp in between? Or whatever is the easiest way tell me fast i wanna try these tones i m too curious
You need a usb-interface between the guitar and the pc. Seek for items like Scarlett Solo.
srijan.rvthat should work. The downside is possible latency and tone issues.

I use the Rocksmith USB cable all the time and It works fine.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by srijan.rv
Bros i was going to use guitar rig 5 .. i havnt ever before... i just downloaded it.. i dont know how to connect to my win7 laptop.. will the normal male to female jack work here? ( direct guitar to pc's microphone jack).. or i have to bring my amp in between? Or whatever is the easiest way tell me fast i wanna try these tones i m too curious

As has already been said USB interface, the scarlett solo that was suggested is decent, I've used it it's low latency.
You wail run into your comp or headphones or amp from that as well, I don't think you can use ASIO drivers with the built in in/outs on your comp, the latency with Win drivers will be horrible.
You will also have to fiddle with your sound settings once you hook the USB interface up, telling Windows to see the USB interface as your ins and outs.
Last edited by 33db at Jun 25, 2017,
Quote by srijan.rv
Bros i was going to use guitar rig 5 .. i havnt ever before... i just downloaded it.. i dont know how to connect to my win7 laptop..

Windows SEVEN?!?
Quote by dspellman
Windows SEVEN?!?

I still use it, fuck WinTin and 8.
metalmingee i just saw scarlet solo its good enough.. can i use a mic in it without the usb plugged in?? I mean how will that device be powered?
Quote by srijan.rv
33db yeah bro win 7 any suggs?

About what? I suggest the USB interface and the Scarlett someone else suggested is decent, 99$

Windows 7 is fine, works fine, I use Win 7 for all my computer music stuff.
Quote by 33db

Windows 7 is fine, works fine, I use Win 7 for all my computer music stuff.

I have a standalone DAW on Win7 as well. I see no need to update either.
It does everything I want, and is stable. I don't see how a newer O/S would make my music sound better.
I never "see" the O/S, only the programs I'm running, and they are all Win 7 stable.

Back in the days when I was just getting started with computer recording, I used a Graphic EQ between guitar and line in of my Sound Blaster card.
This boosted the signal enough to give a half decent sound with amp sims and recording. End results were still a bit crap though, plus high latency.

I wouldn't even think twice nowadays about getting an interface. They are cheap and the quality is more than acceptable for most home recording.
I use a Presonus Fire Studio Mobile, and it works fine. 
Quote by Vreid
I have a standalone DAW on Win7 as well. I see no need to update either.
It does everything I want, and is stable. I don't see how a newer O/S would make my music sound better.
I never "see" the O/S, only the programs I'm running, and they are all Win 7 stable.

Back in the days when I was just getting started with computer recording, I used a Graphic EQ between guitar and line in of my Sound Blaster card.
This boosted the signal enough to give a half decent sound with amp sims and recording. End results were still a bit crap though, plus high latency.

I wouldn't even think twice nowadays about getting an interface. They are cheap and the quality is more than acceptable for most home recording.
I use a Presonus Fire Studio Mobile, and it works fine. 

Yeah there's a reason Microsoft still has Windows 7 certification available, no one wants to up grade, it's still better than 8 or 10.
I use the Native Instruments Komplete Audio interface, great little device and still rocks for the single home user recording scenario.