Hi!

I made little video for opening locks in mind and maybe for teaching ears and fingers to something new. The basic idea is to mix scales together. This is easiest to practice with drone (sounding B5 chord in the background of the video). There is some examples of this idea for example in classical music where melodic minor scale is played upwards like jazz minor scale and downwards like natural minor scale. Also in jazz we can for example mix dorian scale and jazz minor scale together over minor7th chord. In ethno music there are added different pentatonic scales together resulting longer scale that can act differently when played up and down. I guess this is quite basic idea for you but it can be still interesting to try something new, some new hybrids of scales.

In this video there is B5-chord in the background and the harmony of the scales with to B7-chord. 
Happy weekend!
Kindest, Mikko

Video:
[url="(Invalid video video code)]

If you are interested you can have free backing track and tabs from:
http://mikkokarhula.wixsite.com/mikkokarhula
Quote by Eclipse14
MikkoKarhula  amazing

Nice if you liked it! Check out backing track and etc. if you want
Thread was moved to forum: Lessons
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I really liked your approach to the video - especially the lick you transpose using each scale before your improvised section.  By playing the same type of line with each scale we can really hear the differences properly. 

Well done - great playing!  
Quote by reverb66
I really liked your approach to the video - especially the lick you transpose using each scale before your improvised section.  By playing the same type of line with each scale we can really hear the differences properly. 

Well done - great playing!  

Thanks! That is the reason why I made that motif so people can hear the difference and maybe find favorite scale.