So, my PC runs with pretty low specs. It runs 4GB of DDR3 at 1600 MHz, and runs an Intel Celeron processor that only runs at 1.6 GHz. But I really need a video editing software that I can run without too much lag or breakup. Windows Movie Maker is no longer supported on Windows 10, (but if you can find me a link, it would be appreciated) so are there any other softwares available for free? Ideally, I want to be able to split video, and if possible, be able to overlay video images. I've tried Hitfilm 4 Express, and it ran way too slow to really do anything. Thanks in advance.
Guitar strings are $8.50 a pack and that's just too much for me.
Sony Vegas or Pinnacle Studio. Free up some RAM by closing programs or run everything on low settings. 
Free Ali
What motherboard do you have? You might be able find some cheap ram and cpus that pop right in if your comfortable with doing so.

I realize this can be a can of worms, but based on that speed alone, you just might find a cheap hardware boost...especially if the motherboard supports more ram.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Quote by bjgrifter
What motherboard do you have? You might be able find some cheap ram and cpus that pop right in if your comfortable with doing so.

It's not that I'm uncomfortable with upgrading, it's that I'm too broke to afford even a cheap CPU or RAM upgrade, And as far as the motherboard, the most specific I can get is that it's the default motherboard that came with my laptop (a normal HP Notebook, Windows 10).
Well, if if's a a laptop, the only thing you'd have a shot at is more RAM. CPU's are generally soldered onto the motherboard.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Da Vinci Resolve 12 is free for everyone so I suggest you try that.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Nero Galon
Da Vinci Resolve 12 is free for everyone so I suggest you try that.

I was thinking it, but that's going to run like arse on his PC

welcome to give it a go anyway of course lol
Thanks, guys. I'll have to say though, in the end I just went with Windows Movie Maker since it runs smoothly on even a shit computer. It can't overlay video, but I also downloaded Expression Encoder 4 and it says it will be able to do that.