My buddy just gave me his old Jackson RR, he had the action as low as it could go which i totally enjoy on a metal guitar BUT there was hardcore fret buzz on the fifth fret g string...I raised the action to get rid of it but is there any other way I can get rid of the buzz and still keep the action super low? I'm guessing it's an uneven fret? something to do with the saddle or nut??? thx for any help
yeah i guess check for gooves
find the high spot in the fret and file it ?
27mMoV31II7.a2
It's probably happening because the 6th fret is high, causing the 5th fret to buzz against it. Does the buzz go away when you fret the 6th fret?

You'll need to take the guitar to a tech to get the frets leveled. Doing that will also take out any other frets that might be high too.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'm guessing the 5th fret is a bit worn down in that spot. The unwound stings seem to wear frets down more easily. Especially with heavy vibrator. Probably cause the pressure is concentrated over a smaller area of the fret. Fret level would be the fix.
Quote by risingforce1
I'm guessing the 5th fret is a bit worn down in that spot. The unwound stings seem to wear frets down more easily. Especially with heavy vibrator. Probably cause the pressure is concentrated over a smaller area of the fret. Fret level would be the fix.
Gotta love autocorrect
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
risingforce1 Well that would explain the buzzing. . . . . 

But yeah, I'd guess a high 6th fret as well.  Have you changed the strings?  Sometimes that's all it takes.  Start simple.  
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .