Hey, im a 15 year old guy wanting to be a musician. Im getting checked for Bipolar Disorder. I love listening to music, but its getting really annoying, because when im trying to focus a thougt comes to my head and i forget the music. When listening is supposed to be fun, its just making me angry, because i forget to listen alll the time, can anyone help?
focus on individual instruments rather than just listening to the vocals or all, and switch between instruments and focus on diferent independant sounds. it's kinda like meditation
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
focus on individual instruments rather than just listening to the vocals or all, and switch between instruments and focus on diferent independant sounds. it's kinda like meditation

i think this a great way to enjoy music overall
just listen to a song over and over again, but every time focus on a different instrument or aspect of the song all the way (works better if you're
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I recommend you reflect on your listening habits.  A lot of people are casual listeners, some exclusively.  That is to say, their is a difference between listening to pass the time and/or entertain yourself while doing other things (walking, exercising, driving, homework, etc) and listening for the sake of listening.   

I suppose my offering is this - reflect on how you listen, when you listen, and equally important, why you're listening.  Then, I suggest you sit down with the music one-on-one.  

Perhaps doing a five minute stream-of-consciousness in a journal will help clear your mind before a listening session (the one-on-one time).  
"I definitely don’t write all my music in a blackout, like I used to, although I did come up with some good stuff in a blackout."
-Matt Fucking Pike
Are you stressing out or worried about stuff all the time? If so, you may need to get those problems in order before you can truly focus and really enjoy anything. 
What type of music do you listen to? Depends on rhe structure of the song. It may be too intricate or not as intricate depending on your thought process.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by k.lainad
works better if you're

What does being Jamaican have to do with it?
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Are you stressing out or worried about stuff all the time? If so, you may need to get those problems in order before you can truly focus and really enjoy anything. 
yeah it doesn't matter what your approach to music is, you gotta resolve the stuff that consistently distracts you (assuming you want to listen to music unhindered).
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Thanks for all the advice, its really helpful. Yes im stressed, im stressed about personal issues and stuff so...
Before you take any of my advice, speak to a professional, as many people with psychological issues can react very badly tooooo.....

Meditation. Do some research on vipassana meditation. You don't have to go full monk, 10-15 minutes a day can be absolutely lifechanging. What you describe, with thought pouring into your conciousness, happens to everyone non stop. We aren't always aware of it, but its always happening. Meditation is basically a way of noticing these thoughts, which is the first step to controlling them.

Meditation has shit tonnes of other benefits, but thats a basic start.