well, if you remember me, i was totally deaf almost 40 years, just had a cochlear implant done almost 3 years ago- course it isnt designed for music, but it is what it is, i practice everyday but also work on hearing sounds better, i play over 100 songs now and wrote about a dozen, i also play in a garage band once a month (acoustic) with a bunch of old farts like myself- up to date- i always wanted strat, after playing them a couple years at music stores the fretboard just didnt seem comfortable, i looked at the squier strats, and really didnt see anything special about them- so i finally ended up with 2 that were more then affordable, probably not the best sounding to normal ears- but they play and sound great to me!- 1st was a tele-kit from guitar fetish, loads of fun building it and educational--2 came about 2 weeks ago- its a fender squier 51, even though the squiers didnt impress me, this modded 51 model seemed totally different, that push/pull switch is amazing to me-- i cant to seem to post any images here, but i did load them into my profile
Fumble fingers
thx, i read the sticky on posting for NGD, i couldnt do that, with my hearing it wouldnt be fair to the guitar, im not in a position to judge quality of sound
Quote by harpspitfire
well, if you remember me, i was totally deaf almost 40 years, just had a cochlear implant done almost 3 years ago- course it isnt designed for music, but it is what it is, i practice everyday but also work on hearing sounds better, i play over 100 songs now and wrote about a dozen, i also play in a garage band once a month (acoustic) with a bunch of old farts like myself- up to date- i always wanted strat, after playing them a couple years at music stores the fretboard just didnt seem comfortable, i looked at the squier strats, and really didnt see anything special about them- so i finally ended up with 2 that were more then affordable, probably not the best sounding to normal ears- but they play and sound great to me!- 1st was a tele-kit from guitar fetish, loads of fun building it and educational--2 came about 2 weeks ago- its a fender squier 51, even though the squiers didnt impress me, this modded 51 model seemed totally different, that push/pull switch is amazing to me--
i cant to seem to post any images here, but i did load them into my profile

FTFY. Congrats!

Cool story!

When the 51's first came out , around 2004 for two years iirc and they created a whole lot of buzz. People really took to them with a lot of "51' modder" clubs popping up, online stores selling all kinds of parts for them and what not. Haven't played the newest version yet but the old ones were a lot of fun.