6 19%
20? Are you fucking kidding me?
8 26%
Voters: 31.
Page 1 of 2
lmao def for the adulting is hard crowd

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

one of my favorites I shared in the cringe thread:

Check out my band Disturbed
I remember flicking through it about a year after it was published (it wasn't an immediate hit) and deciding it was for the younger kids. Also I got dragged to see one of the films, maybe the penultimate one? It wasn't that bad I guess. That is the extent of their impact on my life
20 years is a long time to me but I certainly don't feel old. If anything, I feel even more certain that these are my favorite books since I've read them over and over and am not bored yet. I've done that with other books but none that are part of a series. HP is very close to my heart.

Idk if other Harry Potter fans would consider me still a big fan because I don't engage in fandoms of any sort, even though I know HP is my fave thing to be a fan of. I feel like I get a little bit of hipster cred for reading the first book before it was a bestseller (thanks Dad) but that is because of nerdiness than being a Harry Potter fan. Neither are things I would brag about to most people. Yall should feel privileged.
cat
Man I read them so much as a kid

All the fandom shit is the worst though
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by StewieSwan
one of my favorites I shared in the cringe thread:

lmaooooooooooo

#hope
#change

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
https://www.buzzfeed.com/chelseypippin/how-falling-in-love-with-harry-potter-shaped-my-life?bftw&utm_term=.inXv9n4an#.svMwg1QG1

Hogwarts lit a fire in my lonely, nerdy little heart that autumn in 1999, and nothing – nothing – has ever compared to it. I found love in a crowded place, quite literally – there were a lot of kids in my class that year. But every day after lunch, when Ms Geanette cracked open the Sorcerer’s Stone, everyone else disappeared and I found myself immersed in a place where I finally felt I belonged. I found myself completely at home.

Years passed; I changed schools, got contacts (and started reading with the light on), and fell deeper in love with the wizarding world every day. I looked to the Harry Potter books for all kinds of hope and discovered that I could fill in the gaps they left with online fandom. Without those years scouring the internet for a good AU fic, arguing passionately (with page numbers!) in favour of Ron/Hermione, developing all kinds of fan theories, and building characters for role-play sites, I might never have learned how to do my research on any topic. Never have learned to entertain other points of view. Never found my voice as a writer.

But even though these books have been my lifetime love, they’re not jealous: They’ve always encouraged me to explore the rest of the library, to leave them behind for a while and imagine other worlds and other lives. To ask myself: “What would Hermione do?” (The answer, of course, is “read ALL the books&rdquo. Loving Harry Potter made me a braver, more open-minded reader. And I know I said it’s totally fine to judge a book by its cover, but in realising I loved a book with a cover I fucking hated, I will say that I became open to a shitty cover, or a “gendered” cover, in a way that I had simply refused to be before.

I read up until the 5th book and enjoyed it quite a bit.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Xiaoxi

inspiring a new generation of cat ladies.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I only read the first 4 books -- not cuz I grew out of it but cuz I sorta stopped reading until like 10th grade -- when I was into punk rock & not wizards & fantasy.

I tell myself I will read the HP series one day -- we'll see though.

I got nothing against people still liking HP as adults -- but when you see a 20-something's profile & HP is the only book they list under favs, it's like -- be honest, do you read?
harry potter is great, i'm still a huge fan of anything related to it
been reading the books since elementary school, own hard copy of all of them
watched all of the movies in theaters as they got released, and i'm going to buy a blu-ray collection one day
played / own all of the harry potter videogames from pc-ps1-ps2-gamecube generations 
if i had the opportunity, i'd even visit the harry potter attraction in disney, and i'm in my early 20's as well. 
i don't think there's an age limit to well written book/movies/entertainment
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

It's for children and adults who are still children inside. I can still enjoy the films and the books are perfectly readable, but grown adults who obssess over them need therapy.  
I have nothing important to say
The books are great and very important in the history of literature; the movies are good too, but the books are just brilliant. The first two video games were A+, the rest were middling.

I've read the books so many times that I can now just skim through them and still take in every word.

The 'creepy obsessed' subset of fans may be off-putting but any huge franchise has those.

Also, Hermione <3
the films had their moments (like that scene where they danced and it didn't make much sense or add anything to the story but nick cave played in the background)

the books (or at least the first two, i didn't like them enough to continue beyond that) were not terrible but a lot of far better kids books have been written and their main strength imo was simply that they were easily digestible and the premise was solid

the dialogue in the books was stunted as hell and a lot of the plot imo doesn't stand up to much scrutiny at all

imo the first three games were all really good, the fourth was entirely forgettable, the fifth and sixth were really not fantastic but had some decent minigames, and i didn't play the last two but third person shooter harry potter doesn't sell it to me

the real winner of the games was quidditch world cup which is just incredibly good fun
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Never saw or read any of it, seemed like kid's shit to me.
Awful artwork on every book, shit needs to be redone/re-released so it actually looks respectable.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by K33nbl4d3
the films had their moments (like that scene where they danced and it didn't make much sense or add anything to the story but nick cave played in the background)

the books (or at least the first two, i didn't like them enough to continue beyond that) were not terrible but a lot of far better kids books have been written and their main strength imo was simply that they were easily digestible and the premise was solid

the dialogue in the books was stunted as hell and

the real winner of the games was quidditch world cup which is just incredibly good fun
I reread them fairly recently and yea the dialogue in the first two books is pretty bad. It get a lot better after that though. I mean it's never amazing but compared to the first two books it kinda is lol

And that's quiddich game was so fun
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
i had to have been around 9 when i read the earliest books, so i don't remember a damn thing about them or the quality of the writing.

i did read The Hobbit around that time and remember it a whole lot better, so i guess that says something?

real talk tho, that Fantastic Beasts movie was the best Harry Potter related thing.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
its been 17 years since i read a harry potter book
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by Dreadnought
Awful artwork on every book, shit needs to be redone/re-released so it actually looks respectable.

What do you think of the illustrated editions?
cat
Quote by guitarxo
I have both so far. They're really beautiful. You like them?
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by guitarxo

Haven't looked through them actually. Kinda waiting for the whole series to be complete.

Wbu?
My God, it's full of stars!
WCPhils Dreadnought I have the first one but haven't had time to read it yet. (I want to read it cover to cover in one sitting) it looks gorgeous though!

The new edition of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them looks pretty too, as does the screenplay. Neither are illustrated but I like the bindings, typefaces, etc. Cursed Child is alright (I actually liked the plot lol) but the way the title is styled makes it look like it's one of those fake paperbacks that street vendors in India sold in the mid-2000s.
cat
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It's the Potter pop punk bands that make me want to vomit. Even more so than terrorism.

whuuuu?

i mean, one or two Potter bands i could see happening, but are you trying to tell me there's a definitive sub-genre of pop punk?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
books were good but needed an editor because theywere painfully long in places

films missed out everything that was good about the books and focused on the simple yet overcomplicated plot, should've been a TV show

overall it's a series of books for children and young adults but is enjoyable by all

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by WaterGod
Still not old enough to drink in America. Suck it Brits.

Would, but has been legally drinking for 2 years in the UK, because we're just better.
Fantastic kids book. I can remember my grandparents buying it for me when I was about 8/9 and it was one of the first book series that really captured my imagination.

I don't think it deserves to be placed alongside the Lord of the Rings or anything like that but it's a good book and gets kids reading, which is a good thing in my book (heh). 
Gibson SG 2016 1960's Tribute
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Marshall DSL100H
Marshall 1960B 4x12
ProCo Rat 2
Page 1 of 2