Quote by Random3
That looks exactly like a cheap Kerry King entry point BC Rich guitar.

It essentially is, but it looks like its better constructed and better painted guitar than their previous 'entry point' Kerry King guitars. Check out the back of the guitar, it seems like it has a satin smooth finish. Praxis Musical Instruments is taking over the BC Rich export line, so maybe it will be built better?
Quote by predz91
It essentially is, but it looks like its better constructed and better painted guitar than their previous 'entry point' Kerry King guitars. Check out the back of the guitar, it seems like it has a satin smooth finish. Praxis Musical Instruments is taking over the BC Rich export line, so maybe it will be built better?

Feh. As with all BC Rich guitar's that I've played. The 'beauty' is only skin deep.

That satin finish isn't going to last long either. It's going to lose its satin sheen and turn glossy in the areas the player touches and it always looks awful on every single guitar that has that type of finish.

The brand really should've died 25 years ago. The only relevant BC Rich guitars were the ones from the 70's and 80's back when the Rico family still owned the company.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
^ they had a few decent mid price models a few years back from Korea but now with China and Indonesia picking up production BCRich is garbage again.

Kerry most likely plays a custom shop luthier guitars that one of the LA craftsmen makes. Kinda like the "Les Paul" that Slash plays.
Yeah I'm still skeptical for sure. I wish they would make a decent neck through mockingbird with the selector switch at the top like a Les Paul. I wouldn't mind owning a Warlock I keep looking out for one on eBay
Quote by diabolical
Unfortunately all the new BCRich guitars are pure garbage. I have a few friends that own the original guitars and you wouldn't believe the quality that went into those instruments. These are kindle wood.

How new? They're going to be made by Praxis now
Praxis has owned BC Rich now for what, nearly 3 years now? Their Indonesian guitars I believe are made by Cort and who knows about the Chinese ones. Previously the midrange ones were made by World Musical Instruments in Korea and were very good guitars. 
Quote by dthmtl3
Praxis has owned BC Rich now for what, nearly 3 years now? Their Indonesian guitars I believe are made by Cort and who knows about the Chinese ones. Previously the midrange ones were made by World Musical Instruments in Korea and were very good guitars. 

I own a chinese made, neckthrough BC Rich Mockingbird Special, 2 volumes + 2 tone knobs, pickup selector at the top and tuneomatic bridge and tailpiece. It's my baby, I love it to death. Sounds a bit bassy though, but its a fantastic design and I wish BC Rich would make more in this style.

I do wish they would improve their bolt-on designs. Many companies have designed their neck joint to be much more seamless, even with a bolt-on construction. For a 'metal' guitar, a blocky rectangular neck joint is just annoying for shredding (for me anyway)
They're, uh, they're gonna stick with the nutsack headstocks, huh. That's... certainly a design choice.
gee another bolt on KK cheapie i'll try to hold back my excitement. BC Rich needs some new endorsers 

the current neck through models are very nice guitars and the lower end is improving a bit. not sure why all the BC Rich hate. now i will agree that none of them hold a candle to the old US made guitars but since those were one of the original boutique brands it's not really fair to compare them. i'll put my Korean made Eagle up against damn near anything you can name (around $1000 - $1500) and it won't be embarrassed. 
Quote by LysanderSpoon
They're, uh, they're gonna stick with the nutsack headstocks, huh. That's... certainly a design choice.

Yeah I definitely cannot 'unsee' a nutsack once somebody pointed it out XD
perfect guitar to play AC/DC's song Big Balls  
Come on now, I think we all want to know the most pressing question:

What does Corey Taylor think about this?/Does it djent?
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
theres also a 7 string version, you could djent on that \m/
I'll pass it looks like a cheap entry level axe to me maybe the paint is a bit nicer but I doubt for $349 the build is any better I have a Kerry King Beast VNT Gunmetal Grey with no graphics it's from like 2009 a $1200 MSRP IIRC neck through, Kahler it s made in China but build, fit/finish, quality and playability is on par with my MIJ Jackson's.

The only con for me is the weight (12lbs) but it it is a great player and has a beautiful neck joint as for the sub $1000 BCR's I'd recommend avoiding them.

Now back to that sexy neck joint!

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jun 30, 2017,
I do love neckthrough models, very nice neck heel with easy access to high frets. Thats why I've always been somewhat reluctant getting a cheap BC Rich for guitar pimping projects, because the affordable stuff has a blocky neck joint
Quote by predz91
theres also a 7 string version, you could djent on that \m/

Djent for Satan, amiright?
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer