Page 1 of 2
Do you wear over-ear headphones in public? I personally have it because you look silly, they're too bulky, and you're too disconnected from the outside world. Ear buds are best in public because you can quickly take one of them out when you're listening out for a train or crossing the road.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Over-ear headphones sound infinitely better though and it makes it more obvious to people that I don't want you to talk to me.

Win-win. 
Quote by Ichikurosaki
what the fuck is public

when you leave the room where the games consoles are

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
When I want people to know what a wazzock I am, I talk to them. Over ear headphones just let everyone know, indiscriminately.
I used to but then I stopped when I got a job and stopped going outside as often and found out that they're better for when I use the computer and found quality ear buds.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
You bet your ass I do. I have a pair of AKGs for home, and a pair of AKGs for public/travelling use.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
i cant remember the last time I used headphones/earbuds for anything other than a phone call while driving
Check out my band Disturbed
idc, they just better not be cheap leaky crap.

I use an iem set up that is at least better than any sub £300 pair of over ears though (as far as the over ears I've trialled anyway) and pretty much anyone spending £300+ on over ears is very unlikely to be using them in public/portable. my iems were £700 though but I you can get decent results from some £100-£200 double or triple driver iem, if you don't really care that much about all the extra "boom" a similar priced over ear would give you.

tbh while the sound to price is better with over ears, I hate the way my ears get hot and no matter how comfortable it is, the band sitting on my scalp eventually gets on my nerves. I mainly use over ears at home when playing PC games since I play them from my gaming laptop and don't usually bother hooking it up to the tv unless it's a gamepad friendly game so the sound is always better with headphones (though speakers aren't too bad), I have to take breaks every hour or so because the headphones are bothering irritating me as described though.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
idc, they just better not be cheap leaky crap.

I use an iem set up that is at least better than any sub £300 pair of over ears though (as far as the over ears I've trialled anyway) and pretty much anyone spending £300+ on over ears is very unlikely to be using them in public/portable. my iems were £700 though but I you can get decent results from some £100-£200 double or triple driver iem, if you don't really care that much about all the extra "boom" a similar priced over ear would give you.

tbh while the sound to price is better with over ears, I hate the way my ears get hot and no matter how comfortable it is, the band sitting on my scalp eventually gets on my nerves. I mainly use over ears at home when playing PC games since I play them from my gaming laptop and don't usually bother hooking it up to the tv unless it's a gamepad friendly game so the sound is always better with headphones (though speakers aren't too bad), I have to take breaks every hour or so because the headphones are bothering irritating me as described though. .

Over ears are also a huge pain if you're a dork who wears glasses.

I don't have any issues with my headphones and my glasses.

Quote by ErikLensherr

over-ear headphones worn out in public always just look kinda silly

not only do i wear earbuds, but i wear those shallow earbuds that just sit in your ear rather than the ones with those gel things on the end that plunge deep into your brain
i listen to my music at a volume where i can hear it but can still easily hear everything around me, and the sound doesn't bleed so it doesn't bother other people
People that wear headphones and earphones in public should be put on an FBI watchlist
I haven't listened to music while walking around since I was a kid-teen.  Even then I used boomboxes/Ghetto blasters and not headphones.  As an adult I just can't fathom walking around listening to music constantly, while driving (nice audio system) that's another story and at home (Hi-Fi) of course.  It's far more enjoyable that way and far safer, and sounds a hell of alot better plus you don't look like an adult dweeb walking around clueless to the outside world while bobbing your head and scrolling through your playlist.    
I don't even own any over-ear headphones
If I did, I wouldn't use them in public
I have nothing important to say
Quote by Fat Lard
People that wear headphones and earphones in public should be put on an FBI watchlist

You already are, so you should know.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by Fat Lard

Most of the country is already

I usually wear ear-buds when out and about, and as one who walks a lot, I DO listen, and I do take them out. The nice thing is where I live, we have an interurban trail stretching about 15 miles in 2 directions with a great lot if not the majority of it away from traffic, the only thing I have to watch for are cyclists. The rest of the time it's just us walking people.

I only ever wear the over-ear cans when I'm at home recording/writing music, or when I'm doing stuff with the computer. And what I have are some REAL over-ear cans, vintage ones, these.....

I like vintage headphones for mixing, they don't sound as bassy or whatever. I tend to get a better mix on older headphones. Second best mixes I ever got were using a pair of dollar store headphones I bought in 2006 - but they looked like they were from 1986.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Quote by slapsymcdougal
When I want people to know what a wazzock I am, I talk to them. Over ear headphones just let everyone know, indiscriminately.

hahahahahahaha

i don't like headphones, they're pretty bad for your ears.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Over ears are also a huge pain if you're a dork who wears glasses.

i was gonna say "hey! " but then i realised maybe you meant that you wore glasses too

even still i'd kind prefer not to be lumped in with you
Quote by Way Cool JR.
As an adult I just can't fathom walking around listening to music constantly, while driving (nice audio system) that's another story and at home (Hi-Fi) of course.  It's far more enjoyable that way and far safer, and sounds a hell of alot better    

yeah i saw someone the other day listening to earphones while driving. that strikes me as pretty unsafe (even listening to the radio or CD on the car stereo isn't great, but at least you can still hear a bit of outside noise).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
when you leave the room where the games consoles are

"And that giant ball of fire in the sky? That's called the sun, Marge" - Homer Simpson (heavily paraphrased)
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Quote by Fat Lard
*C*A

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
no i blast my music through my phone's bad built-in speakers so everyone near me has to listen.

i deserve to be shot in the face.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I know someone who never wears headphones because she wants to make sure that if she ignores someone or makes hard eye contact instead of responding to them, they are aware that she heard them clearly.

Pretty odd. Reminds me of some kittycats.
In-ear earbuds. I cba to carry more stuff and I find them more comfortable. Also don't want to drown out environmental noise too much, especially travel announcements when on the train to work.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

They sound way better but I like to be able to hear outside noise just incase someshit goes down and I have to pay attention to my surroundings. The idea of bumping awesome music while a disaster unfolds around me with no knowledge scares the hell out of me.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Overear headphones are superior, in the sense that they can provide a better sound, but most importantly block more outside noise. That increases the quality of what you are hearing (you don't hear other noise), but also allows you to listen at a lower volume which helps protect your ear (with earbuds you are forced to increase the volume to overcome the outside noise, and that hurts your ears).

However ... yeah, they are too bulky IMO and uncomfortable to wear in public. When I finish with my earbuds I can put them in my pocket, but if I finish with overear headphones I'm stuck with them (unless I have a bag or something with me)
Bulky and look weird imo

No disdain for those that wear them over earbuds though
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I always have seinheiser headphones around my neck when im around uni. They are much less invasive, more comfortable, less prone to breaking, more enjoyable audio experience, and it takes just as long to take your headphones off as it does to take earphones off.

for audiophiles i would say who gives a fuck, its better to live life the way u like homie. I think they look fine
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I don't like over the ears in public because:

A) They're bulky and I don't want to have to carry them around my neck all day and I don't want to stuff it in my computer bag either

B) I don't really give a shit about sound fidelity when I'm in public. I'm just trying to pass the time anyway. 

C) It looks kind of lame and try hard.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I live in the suburbs so i am in the car instead of walking so no i dont wear over ear head phones in public. At the house i do so people know i cant hear them, otherwise people will start a conversation with me.
i use earbuds more often than headphones, especially in public 
pretty much only use my headphones for producing music, or if i'm playing videogames and want a very surround sound experience. 
in the gym, earbuds are just easier to work with, and walking around my neighborhood with earbuds is easier on my neck than headphones 
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Headphones. Immediately better sound quality/comfort. If you think headphones in public look weird, you weird!  
Page 1 of 2