Hello, all. I've been eyeing the pedal for a bit now but was curious if there are any caveats. The shop by me has an older model, one with a wooden box, if that matters. Is there any particular advantage to this over smaller units like the Dyna Comp or Boss CS-2? I can get it for about $100, and the size isn't an issue for me. Thanks in advance.
I am a fake mountain.
Quote by DanTheHobbit
Hello, all. I've been eyeing the pedal for a bit now but was curious if there are any caveats. The shop by me has an older model, one with a wooden box, if that matters. Is there any particular advantage to this over smaller units like the Dyna Comp or Boss CS-2? I can get it for about $100, and the size isn't an issue for me. Thanks in advance.

Tried the EHX White Finger and did not like it. I prefer the Dynacomp. Actually I really like the Dynacomp, it is one of my best pedals. I never played the CS-2 but the CS-3 was boring. It does the job, compressing the signal but does not flatter the sound like a Dynacomp. I tried all the other MXR compressors. I think the Dynacomp is the best value. The newer studio compressor is also a great pedal but it is quite expensive.
Ah. Thank you. Okay. I generally enjoy EHX pedals and don't have much experience with MXR aside from my old Phase 90. I'll try the Dynacomp if they have one in stock and see how it compares to the White Finger.
I am a fake mountain.
I like EHX pedals too, but simply not the White Finger. MXR also have a lot of great pedals. Generally MXR are more expensive than EHX. I really like the EHX phaser the Small Stone.
I own an EHX black finger compressor with 2pc 12ax7 tubes.. it sounds great.. the footprint takes to much space on the pedal board thou... not sure about the white finger.. I also have EHX English Muffin OD... both pedals sound greats.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Last edited by psp742 at Jul 1, 2017,