Page 1 of 2
In a attempt to incrcrease popularity on YouTube a girl fatally shot and killed her boyfriend who was attempting to stop the bullet with a book in a stunt gone very wrong.

She claims they had tried shooting just the book to see if the bullet would penetrate but c'mon using a .50cal

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-woman-kills-boyfriend-youtube-stunt-gone-wrong-155330353.html

Chicago (AFP) - A 19-year-old US woman faces a manslaughter charge after fatally shooting her boyfriend in a YouTube stunt gone wrong, with the sheriff on Thursday dismissing claims that it was an accident.

Monalisa Perez shot 22-year-old aspiring YouTube star Pedro Ruiz on Monday after he convinced her to fire at him with a powerful handgun from about a foot (30 centimeters) away, while he held an encyclopedia in front of his chest, authorities in the state of Minnesota said in court documents.

Ruiz had presented another book, with a bullet hole on one side and no exit hole, as evidence that the encyclopedia would stop the bullet, police said.

"Me and Pedro are probably going to shoot one of the most dangerous videos ever," Perez wrote Monday on Twitter. "HIS idea not MINE."

Ruiz died at the scene from a single gunshot wound to the chest.

Police recovered a .50 caliber pistol used in the stunt, which was filmed by GoPro cameras that Ruiz had set up.

Ruiz had been trying to build an online following by performing dangerous stunts, according to police and media reports.

He and Perez had a YouTube channel called "La MonaLisa," with videos dating back one month in which the couple published accounts of their daily lives.

The couple have a three-year-old daughter who reportedly witnessed the incident.

Family and friends told US media that the death was an accident. They said Ruiz had been talking about performing the stunt for some time but they had tried to talk him out of it.

"I said, 'Don't do it, don't do it,'" Claudia Ruiz, the man's aunt, told local TV station KVLY, adding that his response was, "We want more viewers."

Norman County Sheriff Jeremy Thornton dismissed the claims of an accidental shooting.

"I wouldn't call it an accident. It was an act that was purposely done," Thornton told AFP.

"An accident would be an accidental discharge," he said.

Perez, who is pregnant with their second child, was released from jail on $7,000 bail on a second-degree manslaughter charge, on condition that she wear a GPS monitor and not access firearms, according to TV station KVRR.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jun 30, 2017,
Quote by Evilnine
In a attempt to incrcrease popularity on YouTube a girl fatally shot and killed her boyfriend who was attempting to stop the bullet with a book in a stunt gone very wrong.

Uhhhh maybe try shooting just the book first to see if the bullet will penetrate

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-woman-kills-boyfriend-youtube-stunt-gone-wrong-155330353.html

Chicago (AFP) - A 19-year-old US woman faces a manslaughter charge after fatally shooting her boyfriend in a YouTube stunt gone wrong, with the sheriff on Thursday dismissing claims that it was an accident.

Monalisa Perez shot 22-year-old aspiring YouTube star Pedro Ruiz on Monday after he convinced her to fire at him with a powerful handgun from about a foot (30 centimeters) away, while he held an encyclopedia in front of his chest, authorities in the state of Minnesota said in court documents.

Ruiz had presented another book, with a bullet hole on one side and no exit hole, as evidence that the encyclopedia would stop the bullet, police said.

"Me and Pedro are probably going to shoot one of the most dangerous videos ever," Perez wrote Monday on Twitter. "HIS idea not MINE."

Ruiz died at the scene from a single gunshot wound to the chest.

Police recovered a .50 caliber pistol used in the stunt, which was filmed by GoPro cameras that Ruiz had set up.

Ruiz had been trying to build an online following by performing dangerous stunts, according to police and media reports.

He and Perez had a YouTube channel called "La MonaLisa," with videos dating back one month in which the couple published accounts of their daily lives.

The couple have a three-year-old daughter who reportedly witnessed the incident.

Family and friends told US media that the death was an accident. They said Ruiz had been talking about performing the stunt for some time but they had tried to talk him out of it.

"I said, 'Don't do it, don't do it,'" Claudia Ruiz, the man's aunt, told local TV station KVLY, adding that his response was, "We want more viewers."

Norman County Sheriff Jeremy Thornton dismissed the claims of an accidental shooting.

"I wouldn't call it an accident. It was an act that was purposely done," Thornton told AFP.

"An accident would be an accidental discharge," he said.

Perez, who is pregnant with their second child, was released from jail on $7,000 bail on a second-degree manslaughter charge, on condition that she wear a GPS monitor and not access firearms, according to TV station KVRR.

To be fair, the guy told her that he shot at a book that was similar and it didn't penetrate and even showed her the book. At least that's what she claims. Maybe she just wanted to shoot the motherfucker.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by N8dagreat3
That used to be called natural selection

To be fair, it's still called that.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
To be fair, the guy told her that he shot at a book that was similar and it didn't penetrate and even showed her the book. At least that's what she claims. Maybe she just wanted to shoot the motherfucker.

Yeah I saw that and edited the post but having a book against a solid wall is going to be different that having it against a soft surface I would let anyone shoot a .50 cal at me for any reason.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by N8dagreat3

Yes Darwin made the correct call.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Evilnine
Yeah I saw that and edited the post but having a book against a solid wall is going to be different that having it against a soft surface I would let anyone shoot a .50 cal at me for any reason.

Oh I agree. 

At the end of the day, you can't fix stupid. You can just reduce the numbers.  
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Oh I agree. 

At the end of the day, you can't fix stupid. You can just reduce the numbers.  

LOL agreed and in Chicago no less, imagine that gun violence in Chicago!
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
You wouldn't believe what happens next...
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by N8dagreat3

it's not really, she's carrying his second kid, so the retarded genes have already been passed on.

tl;dr this doesn't qualify for a Darwin Award
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I still think they should get rid of school zone speed limits next to highschools. If you havent learned how to look both ways before crossing the street by then you're in for a world of trouble.
Fair enough the natural selection process has at least begun een Darwin noticed that weeding out the weaklings takes a few generations.

Fast forward 15 or so years until the children attempt to recreate the stunt but they will be sucessful this time.

TBF if fame and noteriety is what this couple was seeking then I would call this stunt a success!
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by The_Blode
^ isn't it a bit like Romeo and Juliet only in the 21st century? I read this piece and it's quite disturbing how it all went down tbh. . .RIP regardless. . .a waste of a life. . .

Yeah because he was in a deathlike coma from the bullet and then she totally followed suit and killed herself only for him to get out of the coma and see his dead girlfriend and kills himself.

So yeah, nothing like it at all but sure.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by The_Blode
^ isn't it a bit like Romeo and Juliet only in the 21st century? I read this piece and it's quite disturbing how it all went down tbh. . .RIP regardless. . .a waste of a life. . .

Uhh Romeo and Juliet was about love not social media popularity.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by The_Blode
^ do you feel good about what you're doing?

If I didn't, I wouldn't do it
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by The_Blode
^ Bless you. . .

Did he sneeze?

and how would you know :0

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
Did he sneeze?

No, but I probably will at some point so it was v thoughtful tbh
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
"I've made silly comments, got called on it and then deleted them afterwards"

If anybody wants the translation.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
  H4T3BR33D3R  More like Blodeo and Juliet!  
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

19 with 2 kids
Aspiring YouTube star
Uses a 50cal handgun

She sounds really smart
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Evilnine
  H4T3BR33D3R  More like Blodeo and Juliet!  

A tale of forbidden love and feet.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
A tale of forbidden love and feet.

- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by WCPhils
19 with 2 kids
Aspiring YouTube star
Uses a 50cal handgun

She sounds really smart

Isn't that just your average american south of the mason dixon tho?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by WCPhils
19 with 2 kids
Aspiring YouTube star
Uses a 50cal handgun

She sounds really smart

If anything good comes out of this maybe the kids will be taken away and custody given to the grandparents but then again they spawned and raised these these two so... 
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Isn't that just your average american south of the mason dixon tho?

Quote by The_Blode
^ there are only certain women on the planet that a man would allow to perform this sorta stunt for example, Kate Middleton or somebody who is already out of this world. . .it's beyond stupid and ridiculous. . .
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jun 30, 2017,
Quote by The_Blode
^ there are only certain women on the planet that a man would allow to perform this sorta stunt for example, Kate Middleton or somebody who is already out of this world. . .it's beyond stupid and ridiculous. . .

This post is beyond wierd. Apparently a pregnant mother from Chicago met the qualifications.  

Edit: Kate Middelton WTF?   
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jun 30, 2017,
Quote by The_Blode
^ no it's not weird. . .there's this one pop song by Bruno Mars called 'Grenade'. . .it's essentially what has happened here. . .

It is wierd. You claim that only certain women would be allowed by a man to do this, do you have a list of qualifications besides Kate Middleton and/or out of this world?
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Evilnine
This post is beyond wierd. Apparently a pregnant mother from Chicago met the qualifications.  

Edit: Kate Middelton WTF?   

Don't... Don't engage him

Quote by slapsymcdougal
it's not really, she's carrying his second kid, so the retarded genes have already been passed on.

tl;dr this doesn't qualify for a Darwin Award

I am far more angry at this than I should be
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Soundtrack of the thread:

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Pastafarian96
Don't... Don't engage him

Too late I already pulled the trigger...  
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

H4T3BR33D3R
Liked for 2 reasons
1. Great song
2. Apt on so many levels
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
H4T3BR33D3R
Liked for 2 reasons
1. Great song
2. Apt on so many levels

Agreed Great song!
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Pastafarian96
Evilnine
Quick, someone give The_Blode an encyclopaedia

Better make it 2 encyclopaedias I'm using a .050 cal  
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

I'm thinking that instead of using an encyclopaedia maybe they should have gone with an unabridged dictionary!

- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Evilnine
I'm thinking that instead of using an encyclopaedia maybe they should have gone with an unabridged dictionary!

Or maybe the final print edition of the Encyclopdaeia Britannica

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Should just stick to let's plays.
RIP Matt Lauer

Because i'd rather pretend you're dead than acknowledge your existence.
Quote by The_Blode
^ we've tangoed a few times so I'm just like, bless you. . .

Page 1 of 2