Hey UG folks!

So I've been wondering what I should get as my first guitar. I originally bought a Yamaha Pacifica 112V, which I did like. But it had terrible fret buzz that neither I or my local guitar luthier could fix, so I ended up returning it to the shop and got a full refund.

Now I'm not sure at all what I should get instead, or if I should get another Pacifica and see if it's better. Been trying all sorts of guitars. And I've come to the conclusion that I want either a Strat or Tele body at least. My budget is like 5-600$, but I'd be happy if I could get one a bit under that. Been looking on a Pacifica 311H too, a little bit more expensive than the 112V, but I don't know if it's a big upgrade from 112? 

I already got an amp and everything so I just need a guitar now. I'd really appreciate some help deciding!  
What style of music?
New vs used?
Do you really want a tremolo?

Just noticed this pop up for @$250 off its usual price, because it was recently discontinued:
https://reverb.com/item/3380021-godin-session-custom-black-hg-maple-fretboard-33-price-drop

And this NOS one from 2013 for the same price:
https://reverb.com/item/5009147-godin-sesion-custom-2013-black

Canadian made, and the H.D.R. system switches the guitar from passive to active pickup modes, giving you 10 tonal options with its 5-way switch. Hell of a deal!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
What style of music?
New vs used?
Do you really want a tremolo?

Oh, sorry forgot some general info like this! Mostly rock, indie rock and some alternative stuff. Maybe some heavier stuff too but mostly the aforementioned genres. Both new and used would work for me. But if used I'd like it to be near me (Sweden)  
A tremolo is the bridge style with a whammy bar right? Not super important in that case. 
dannyalcatraz Just saw the guitars you linked too. Never heard of Godin guitars actually. Maybe seen em sometime but nothing I've looked into specifically. Are they good guitars?
Quite good, IMHO.

They're a smallish Canadian company that makes all of their stuff either in Canada or the USA. Very good QC, nice necks. They tend to try to differ themselves from the pack by making some unusual design choices, like the H.D.R. system. They've also shown a willingness to blend classic designs: their SD was a Les Paul/Stratocaster hybrid, and their Belmont (made under the name Richmond) was a melding of a Strat with a SG. I have one of those, and really want another one.

I've only bought the one Belmont, but every Godin I've tried- mostly Stratclones of some kind- has felt really good in my hands.

If you're interested, their Velocity was discontinued in 2011. It's a HSS Fat Strat type body with hotter pickups and a slender neck. It's going to lean more towards the harder rock side of things.
https://reverb.com/marketplace/electric-guitars?query=Godin+Velocity
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

G&L ASAT guitars might appeal to you.

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=g%26l%20asat&price_min=450&price_max=650&sort=price%7Casc&page=

G&L was founded by George Fullerton and Leo Fender, and the ASAT's mark one of Leo's self-perceived best permutations of the Telecaster design. The range I selected above ranges from the less expensive new "Tribute" models to used USA models. Tributes are made with mostly the same parts as their USA made counterparts, but with Indonesian labor. Thus, they fall into the same price range as the Mexican made Fenders,

dannyalcatraz Those all guitars seemed awesome. But I don't know if I wan't to order from that site hehe. Im from Sweden so I'd like to be able to order from like https://www.thomann.de/gb/index.html or something instead. They don't seem to have those brands there :/ Plus they got 30 day open purschase, so if I'm unsatisfied once again, I can simply just return it back.
Chapman Guitar.. ML-1 HSS or ML-2 HH are within your budget.. Harley Benton also looks good (may need to upgrade the electronics and pickups which may still be cheaper).. Squier, Epiphone, Ibanez also make good starter to intermediate guitars.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
I'm a huge fan of Yamaha stuff, and I'm surprised you had trouble with a Pacifica 112.  I had one that came out of the box mail order perfectly set-up.  I'd try a couple more Pacifica 112s in a shop.
Quote by psp742
Chapman Guitar..  ML-1 HSS or ML-2  HH are within your budget..  Harley Benton also looks good (may need to upgrade the electronics and pickups which may still be cheaper)..  Squier, Epiphone, Ibanez also make good starter to intermediate guitars.

I've heard good stuff about Chapman Guitars aswell. I can't find any finish I really dig tho :/ At least not on thomann. Ima check out those aswell! Btw how's the Fender Telecaster Modern Player guitars? Theyre quite cheap for being a tele, and has HSS setup that I really like. Wanna be able to play a wide range of music, so versatility is a big plus.
Quote by Screaming Dave
I'm a huge fan of Yamaha stuff, and I'm surprised you had trouble with a Pacifica 112.  I had one that came out of the box mail order perfectly set-up.  I'd try a couple more Pacifica 112s in a shop.

Yeah I've heard so much great things about the Pacifica series. And I had so high hopes for my 112V. But I don't know if it was something wrong with the guitar, or if the local luthier around here just didn't set it up properly. The fret buzz was so annoying I just couldn't enjoy it. And now I'm very sceptical towards buying the same one haha... Been looking on the 311 series tho as I stated in the original post. But I don't know if it's that big of a setup from the 112.
oskiii

Fair enough!

I was gonna say the 112v is usually the safe choice. Apparently not That's awful that it had fret buzz you couldn't get rid of
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I was gonna say the 112v is usually the safe choice. Apparently not That's awful that it had fret buzz you couldn't get rid of

I guess it's just my usual luck when buying stuff, always something wrong it seems  I'd be happy to keep it other than that. The color was amazing, and it felt so solid, but I just couldn't like it 100% when it had that terrible buzz :/ 

But anyways, the guitars I'm leaning towards now is the Fender Modern Player Tele and a Pacifica 311H, anyone had any experiences with em? 
The best you can afford.
Learn to setup your guitar. It's really easy and eventually you'll be able to make it perfect.

It is an iterative process. You set it up, play a few days and then go from there.

Never had a guitar that had buzz that could not be fixed.
Quote by oskiii
I guess it's just my usual luck when buying stuff, always something wrong it seems  I'd be happy to keep it other than that. The color was amazing, and it felt so solid, but I just couldn't like it 100% when it had that terrible buzz :/ 

But anyways, the guitars I'm leaning towards now is the Fender Modern Player Tele and a Pacifica 311H, anyone had any experiences with em? 

well, although it sucks you got burned, it's good to point these things out- sometimes the forum favourite, when you actually look into it, is actually being recommended based on very little.

I haven't tried either of those, unfortunately.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
First ask yourself , what kind of music will I play? Humbuckers are usually better for rock styles, usually. and single coils are usually better for clean sounds.. To make it easier maybe get a guitar with humbuckers and single coils? More versatility. 

Make sure the guitar can stay in tune and has decent electronics.