I recently bought an active tone circuit that I plan on installing in one of Les Paul's this week end. It was from Guitar Fetish and replaces three of the controls (1 volume, 2 tone) and makes them treble, mid and bass with an active preamp leaving one volume for a master volume. Has anyone tried these before? Any feedback would be appreciated before I installed it. thanks. 

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Guitar-Preamp-GainBassMidTreble-Our-Best-Unit_p_411.html
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Jun 30, 2017,
Surprisingly I've never heard of anyone doing a mod quite like this on an LP before. Could be interesting.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I have it in mind to build an active guitar and this looks like an interesting alternative to the usual EMG route. I presume it's still 9v powered?

Sorry I can't help you with any previous experience but I'd be interested to see how you get on with it.
Yes. 9 volt. I don't want active pickups but I do want an active tone circuit. It's a project and not very expensive so worth a try.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Jul 1, 2017,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Surprisingly I've never heard of anyone doing a mod quite like this on an LP before. Could be interesting.

Carvin, for years, had an active preamp setup that would give you an active bass and treble control (like the GF version, there's a center detent that gives you approximately what you would have if you'd dimed passive controls). The single volume was a master and the last pot was a balance pot (between the bridge and neck pickups). This was especially useful because there were also three miniswitches included that were phase switch (in and out-of...), plus a coil split for each 'bucker. The active controls gave you a 15 dB boost or active cut at 10 and 0, respectively.

I've currently got a sweepable active mids boost (about 16 dB) on a push-pull that works much like a parked wah -- you get to pick the frequency that's boosted.

On another guitar I have active Bartolini pickups that provide an active tone change plus a pair of treble boosts (up to 27 dB) and a unique six-position Varitone-like selector that works actively (Varitones are normally passive) for a great range of additional tones. This thing comes from the early/mid '70's!

Looks like a pretty interesting project; I have a guitar that could take kindly to this treatment as well. Might give it a try.