So, I bought a 1977 Carvin DC-150 from Reverb, and it doesn't have the pickguard.  Any idea where I can get one?

Thanks!
I'm in Worcester, MA.  I was hoping maybe someone had a website that made or carried retro pickguards.

Places like Greasy Groove and WDMusic can make a picguard for you...but they either need one to make a template from or some very accurate measurements. Of course, if they've made one in the past, they might not need you to supply them with that.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by CrazyChef
I'm in Worcester, MA.  I was hoping maybe someone had a website that made or carried retro pickguards.

Wait, does that guitar have a 22 fret board? Most of those that I've seen are 24-fret!
Quote by dspellman
Wait, does that guitar have a 22 fret board? Most of those that I've seen are 24-fret!

It's 24 - what makes you think it's a 22?
Quote by CrazyChef
It's 24 - what makes you think it's a 22?

The dot inlay nearest the neck pickup?
It had a pick guard on it at one time but not so sure it came with one Factory, they still make that model and this would be a good question on the Kiesel's guitar FB page
Quote by Fumble fingers
It had a pick guard on it at one time but not so sure it came with one Factory, they still make that model and this would be a good question on the Kiesel's guitar FB page

Good idea, thanks!  I contacted Kiesel, and all they said was "We don't make that model anymore".  Big help...  But yeah, the FB page may have a member that'll know something.
Fumble fingers

They don't make that model any more.
They made a DC 150 for a while that was a 22-fret guitar that had a very different body. It's been discontinued. They make a body that looks similar in a 24 fret version, but it's not a real match for the DC 150 from the '70's and '80's.

CrazyChef

Thanks I hadn't seen one with a single dot in that fret before. Your guitar is from a year that still has a Hofner bolt-neck. Two years later ('79) Carvin switched to their own set necks, and the fretboards have the usual double dots on the 24th fret.
Last edited by dspellman at Jul 2, 2017,
CrazyChef

Hooray for doggie!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by CrazyChef
Good idea, thanks!  I contacted Kiesel, and all they said was "We don't make that model anymore".  Big help...  But yeah, the FB page may have a member that'll know something.

There's also a forum on the Kiesel site.
Quote by Fumble fingers
That model is close to the Frank Gambale signature model

Not even remotely, if you saw the two side-by-side in person. Really the only similarity is that they're both double cutaway.

The DC-150 is a solid body guitar with a 12.5" wide body, flat on both sides. The 1977, above, has a bolt-on 24-fret neck made in Germany.

The FG-1 is a semi-hollow carved top body about 14.1" wide with a set neck and 22 frets.