Greetings UG, haven't been around here much as I've just finished a stint of Pit band shows and I'm busy going through a move for University, so I've not been on here as much as I should (Still lurk around the Bass Forum though!)

Anyway, a few months after receiving my first Speesy   I'd decided to sell some basses to afford another one, so I thought. Let's push the boat out a bit and let's do something a bit wacky and distinctive, but also make it a five string, however I had some qualms and some fears about a 32 scale five string due to only having any real experience with my 35 scale Lakland Skyline and Adrian explained that it would still have a tight B string on it and he was right. 

It's also just been named "Bass Of The Month" for July on the Public Peace website, which I thought was really damn cool.

https://www.public-peace.de/bass-of-the-month/2230-public-peace-proudly-presents-the-bass-of-the-month-july-2017

Anyway here it is: 

Specs: 

Body: alder
Neck: hard rock maple, matching headstock
Fingerboard: ebony, 20 frets
Nut width: 40mm
Construction: set in
Pickups: Delano MC 5 FE
Electronics: passive - volume, tone (push/pull sc/hb)
Finish: checkerboard, white body binding, body/neck gloss
Hardware: black, monorail bridge with 17mm string spacing 

Thoughts: 

So, I've been using this company for the last couple of years, communication is tight and you get exactly what you asked for, I wish I'd asked for it to be a little lighter as it's a little on the heavy side for me, once I'm moving with it. I'm fine though. 

In terms of the Delano pickup, I always felt my last one had a stingrayish grind to it, despite having a splitcoil pickup in it so for this one I decided to put in a MM humbucker with splitcoil and it works really well, has the grind from the last pickup that I liked complete with a tone which is fairly unique, at least through my CTM 100. Haven't had a chance to try it with the TC head at the rehearsal place. On the whole I like it and it tracks the low B really, really well and it sounds clear and thuddy, without to much boom, I'm really looking forward to trying this in a band mix. 

On the whole it feels as well constructed as my first one and it plays exactly the same (I specced the necks out to be identical) but I was expecting it to be like the four string, but with a new string on top of it but it doesn't.  It feels like a whole new instrument and that's a good thing.

I'll post some more detailed thoughts later as it feels like I'm rambling a bit.

Link to the original Speesy thread if anyone wants to see it: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1715790
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Jul 1, 2017,
excellent
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Spaz91
You better be getting some DR Hi Def coated strings for that. I recommend the pink.

I didn't know they did those in a Medium gauge with a 5 string set!

I'm going to try and hunt these down!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100