I have just recently changed over from playing bass to learning guitar full time. I currently have a PRS SE standard 22, I love the guitar however it is not as versatile as I would like. So I am in the market  for a versatile guitar that can handle music from rock -n- roll, progressive rock, punk, rockabilly/psychobilly, a little of old country, some metal. Here are some of the bands that I love the guitar tone - Social Distortion, The Bones, Clutch, The Contortionist, The Draft, The Clash, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Killswitch Engage, Between the Buried and Me...to name just a few. I have looking at Telecasters, ESP LTD's with the Seymour Duncan pickups, as well as some Gibson's/Epiphones. 
more about your amp and fx. that guitar should be alble to cover most of what you mentioned. sure it won't do SRV tone exactly but you always have some compromises no matter what guitar you use. 
HSS Stratocaster with a floyd rose. I have that amp, how do you like it?
Flying in a blue dream
Quote by gwgreer
I am using a Marshall Code 25 right now.

Wanna know the real reason why your PRS lacks versatility? This is why. Your amp sucks.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I like it however it is not the best.  What amp would you suggest that I use for a practice amp?
What kind of budget were you allocating for the guitar?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by gwgreer
I like it however it is not the best.  What amp would you suggest that I use for a practice amp?

Depends on your budget for the amp.

If you want something great that's relatively cheap used, Peavey JSX. Great amp for lots of styles of music.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by gwgreer
Under $1200.00 U.S.

World's your oyster!

Mesa has lots lots of options.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Equipboard is one site that can help you figure out what gear your guitar heroes are using.

http://equipboard.com

So, for instance you would see Mike Ness uses a Fender Bassman head- not exactly a pricey piece of kit.

I understand the urge to have something that's versatile; I have Variax guitars for that. But don't you think he should learn to play before he worries about having everything built into a single guitar? OR amp?
Yes, but when your starting out your ambitions are way ahead of your skills lol. In fact, after learning some tricky skills, I now love my little cheap'o $60 squier pawnshop strat. That $60 guitar taught me a grest lesson. I'm still so deeply involved in learning that I'm not really into amps that much yet, I think the main problem with that amp is that is so dang small it's a little cardboardy sounding. I mean it works for me, but I'm not really searching for any particular tone and I'm just in my room. Honestly, nothing wrong with your guitar at all, get a new amp, that's pretty much were I'm at...upgrading that Code 25.
Flying in a blue dream
Well, you could:

1) blow out your entire budget on one amp like a new Mesa, Supro, Dr. Z, etc.,
2) get a pair of modest amps to cover a broader range of tones
3) get a decent moderately priced amp and save some cash.
4) get a modest amp and buy a ton of pedals

Which appeals to you?

For the first six years I played a solid body electric with no amp at all.
Quote by reverb66
I'm pretty sure the Bible requires that you play through a tube amp in Texas.
Quote by PlusPaul
For the first six years I played a solid body electric with no amp at all.

Ditto- I used a Korg Px5 and headphones.

Quote by gwgreer
3 and 4 sound great to me.

OK.

Well, brand spankin' new, a Fender Bassbreaker 45 2x12 combo is @$1000, the 18/30 2x22 is @$850, 50w Carvin V3MC is @$640, and a 50w Jet City 5012C combo is @$730.

You should be able to get appropriately voiced used Peaveys and Mesa combos in the same price range, like:
https://reverb.com/item/2944976-vintage-5150-peavey-2x12-combo-guitar-amp-reconditioned-stunning-works-great
https://reverb.com/item/3686667-mesa-boogie-transatlantic-ta-30-1-12-combo-recent