Hello 

I am a lead guitarist for a band and would like to get an amp for £400 or under which I can gig with. My current Vox 30 watt amp doesnt have the balls or tone to manage. 

Please can I have some opinion on the best amp to get. 

Thanks
Rob  
BOSS Katana 100.  I gig almost weekly and I got one to replace my VOX VT40. I have never had a better amp to gig with. Loud, ballsy, and versatile.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
What sort of tones are you looking for?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What sort of tones are you looking for?

This.  There are so many amps in that price range (especially if you go used) that this question cannot be answered barring a list of dozens of potential options.

That said, I need to offload my Marshall TSL602 which would be well under that price, so if it interests you get in touch.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Jul 3, 2017,
Maybe the Fender Bassbreaker 15 if you're looking for a spanky Fender sound. Albeit it gives off a nice crunchy sound as well. It's tube so 15watts is definetely gig worthy (depending on sound and venue of course).

The internet was so saturated with reviews and vids of this amp, I though it was just a scam to offload thousands of these things, but after trying one out, I instantly bought it. Love it!
Hooper drives the boat chief...