It's weird when you think about music from a technical angle as wiggly air being made by vibrating metal and wood. Like there's a zillion dollar industry around wiggly air molecules. It's part of almost every culture. Entire subcultures are defined precisely by how the air wiggles and the wood and metal vibrate. I can imagine a race of tone-deaf aliens being quite perplexed by such strange practices and the elaborate rituals based around them.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
There are those who will only change some ones to zeros and some zeros to ones...

There are those who will only change the movements of little pieces of green paper...

The ancient cult of the wiggly air is the top of the arts because it is the most abstract.
Quote by reverb66
I'm pretty sure the Bible requires that you play through a tube amp in Texas.
I'm about 90% sure that aliens would see guitar playing the same way we see mating calls in less developed animals.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
I'm about 90% sure that aliens would see guitar playing the same way we see mating calls in less developed animals.

But mating calls are an effective way of finding a mate.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
It's weird when you think about music from a technical angle as wiggly air being made by vibrating metal and wood. Like there's a zillion dollar industry around wiggly air molecules. It's part of almost every culture. Entire subcultures are defined precisely by how the air wiggles and the wood and metal vibrate. I can imagine a race of tone-deaf aliens being quite perplexed by such strange practices and the elaborate rituals based around them.

1) there actually is a sci-fi short story by one of the masters- Niven, Heinlein, etc. (I forget who)- in which aliens monitoring humans remark on how we make music.

2) "Air Wiggles & Vibrating Wood" is a good name for an album.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!