Still loving my Septor, and as SOP, I was going to put on new strings. However, came to find out that Ernie Ball seems to run short, especially with the low B tuner all the way out. Even D'Addario, while longer, still really doesn't cut it. I did a check on Rondo's sight, and they use LaBella HRS series, a brand I don't see often, but have seen positive feedback. So, I ordered a set, but I am wondering what people are looking at for strings on an longer scale length. Sets that I have had no issue with a 25.5" scale come up, well, short--literally. I'm not sure I want to buy what sole 8-string set I could find at Guitar Center.

#firstworldproblems
#ergownerproblems 
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
I use nxyls. They are usually long enough. The la bellas are long enough. Haven't used Ernie ball seven string sets yet.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
The thing that made me jump on LaBella was they could work for up to 30" scales. The bonus is they're pretty cheap, like under $6 a pack.
EB has been my go-to for sets, but I'm open to experimenting. In this case, I'll have to. I'll have to make some adjustments because I noticed a 52 gauge string was great for the low B, aside from inadequate length. The EB 2621 set is probably fine for DAGBE strings, but the B and E strings are pushing it---like I got a fingernail length through the tuning head, and then decided to cannibalize a D'Addario set for comparison. It was better, but not by much. Even with a different headstock, I'd still be up shit creek. Oh, well. 

My understanding with LaBella is that they're good quality and a smaller company, but just aren't on the same level as the big boys with marketing. I'll probably stick with EB and D'Addario for most things, but for stuff past 25.5" I'll just need something else. Have to say, I am glad I did the GC String Club. I still have 3-sets left for my 6-string 25.5" axes.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz
i use some la bellas. I like them as well. some of their tensions are a little wonky though
I've used LaBella for my 7 in the past. They did an 11-70 set that I enjoyed. 
I have a D'addario set on my 28" baritone right now, had more than enough length. 3L 3R tuners. 
Quote by I K0nijn I
I've used LaBella for my 7 in the past. They did an 11-70 set that I enjoyed. 
I have a D'addario set on my 28" baritone right now, had more than enough length. 3L 3R tuners. 

Which D'addario set number? I can get LaBella ordered in, but knowing which set might prove useful down the road.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz
bjgrifter 

EXL148's. Not a baritone set as far as I know, so I assume all of their strings are long enough for a baritone. Might have issues with a 6-in-line guitar, since mine is 3R3L. 
i just restring one of my 27s with some dr ddts. it looks like 28 will not work without locking tuners but if you have lockers it will be ok. i have a reverse headstock inline as well so the low b is really really far away.
You might try some of the bulk string vendors online, such as Just Strings (dot com). Just google "bulk guitar strings."

I'm checking with them regarding string length (standard 6-string strings are around 39") for extended and multi scale guitars.

I've had issues just finding a variety of string manufacturers' string sets at the local GCs (I think the Pasadena store had ONE brand of 7's, and they were 10's). Just Strings, on the other hand, had maybe a dozen vendors, each of whom had three or more sets of 7's.

If you can buy in bulk (sets of 10 or 12 packs at a time), you'll usually save even more money.
Got the Labella HRS-71 and it does the trick. Definitely long enough, so its on the short list.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz