I found this apparently unknown Fender "CD-200CE" off CL a few weeks back.. (pics below)
i can't find any info on the model, other than a couple vague references in old forum posts. the inlays are identical to an ibanez custom agent. i emailed fender, they confirmed it was one of theirs but they couldn't tell me anything about it other than "it is indeed a strange one!"
Also strange is the KL prefix on the SN. Like the model, there i virtually zero reference to that particular prefix. i looked at every list of Fender SN types that my search engines could provide me.
In the weeks since buying this guitar, I have searched through several, several thousands of pictures online (google,pinterest, etc..) trying to find a similar guitar. The Ibanez Custom Agent is the only guitar I've seen with such inlays. 
As for the body, the most similar guitar I know of is the AEF30 (also made by Ibanez, as it happens)
 it's like the guitar doesn't exist. idk what to make of it. I don't think I found some long lost treasure or anything like that. just so damn curious..
Thoughts? 

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm3S1cGg
Last edited by birdburris at Jul 4, 2017,
Only 4 explainations, I'll let you choose the best, listed from most probably to least;

1) It's a Custom workshop edition/Special edition, similar to how Martin has a custom workshop for special guitars. Might just be it.

2) It's a prototype?

3) It's a Ibanez in Fender branding..?

4) It's a knockoff Fender made in China? I've a few seen fake Ibanez's and Fender's, but hopefully it isn't..
AORNova Thanks for the reply! That list is actually dead-on to what I was thinking as well. I was wary at first that it may be a fake, but I can't imagine why someone would make a fake so unique. 
The Artec preamp is kinda weird (almost all Fender acoustic/electrics come stock with Fishman preamp)
I wish the folks at Fender were more helpful lol
Several years ago fender did a limited run of above average acoustic guitar made of solid wood.  Different versions used different materials but most steered clear of the traditional rosewood or mahogany.  This one looks like lightly figured maple with a spruce top.  The one I played was well built and sounded good.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
Several years ago fender did a limited run of above average acoustic guitar made of solid wood.  Different versions used different materials but most steered clear of the traditional rosewood or mahogany.  This one looks like lightly figured maple with a spruce top.  The one I played was well built and sounded good.

Ah, just what I thought, same as my first guess. But any ident on it, OP says he can't find any info on the model.
Hmm. never seen an artec pre-amp in an acoustic but their electric guitar pick-ups are fantastic for the money.
CorduroyEW
Did the one you played have similar fret inlays?
The overall sound is better than most Fender acoustics I've heard. Not sure of the wood. Real bright, cheery tone. 'Spose I should look into that as well, thanks!
Quote by birdburris
CorduroyEW
Did the one you played have similar fret inlays?
The overall sound is  better than most Fender acoustics I've heard. Not sure of the wood. Real bright, cheery tone. 'Spose I should look into that as well, thanks!

I don't remember.  It was 8 or 10 years ago and I never pay much attention to things like inlays.  I'm 99% sure your guitar is maple which is why it's so bright.
Not taking any online orders.