I know a lot of people use these picks. I've always used the tortex or regular extra heavies but decided to give the tiny Jazz 3s a shot. I'm a bit mixed. They are VERY good for lead. I found after a quick adjustment string skipping and overall accuracy was improved. They promote a light touch and the pick attack is very consistent and articulate. On the flip side I thought something was wrong with my guitar when playing chugga chugga low E palm mute stuff as the pick attack is so light the palm mutes didn't have enough chunk in the tone. I was actually able play fast palm mute stuff faster but the tone was not really satisfying. Slayer riffs sounded like my gear was neutered. Maybe I should find something like the Jazz 3s but in regular size? I think the tiny profile of the pic doesn't enable you to dig into the strings but the sharpness of the pick I like.

I even liked it for acoustic for doing single note runs but it's horrible for strumming. What does everyone else think?
Last edited by risingforce1 at Jul 4, 2017,
Check out jazz 3 XL. They are bigger, but the same shape, material and thickness. I'm sure you'll like them
I find the stiffness and small size of Jazz III's make palm mutes sound heavier without losing speed. Especially when compared to picks that are flexible.

Honestly I've used Jazz III max grips for so many years now and I don't feel a reason to use anything else.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Tried to like them but just can't.  To me they just sound really dull and lifeless and I do not like the sharp point on them.  I don't like them for palm mutes, fast picking or strumming, and pick slides are near impossible with them.  I also don't like how they basically get rid of the scratchiness while playing on the wound strings, it's one of the nuances on electric guitar I love the most.  Give me some thinner rounder picks like the Dunlop Nylons (my #1 favorites) .73 .88 or 1.0 and I'm in heaven.     
Check out the Dunlop John Pettrucci picks - similar to a Jazz III XL.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I got some to try but they don't really suit my style tbh.
I play blues and jazz with alot of chords along with lead and they don't feel comfortable for that.I also don't like the tone i get from them.Too much attack for my liking.
I've used them for years now because my picking accuracy increased a lot when I first started using one and I got used to the size. Chords sounded off to me at first but when you get used to it they are just as good.

I used the JP ones for a while which are sort of halfway in size between the XL and the normal but I ended up going back to the smaller ones. I'm using the kirk hammett signatures at the moment which look odd but are quite comfortable to use.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Tried to like them but just can't.  To me they just sound really dull and lifeless and I do not like the sharp point on them.  I don't like them for palm mutes, fast picking or strumming, and pick slides are near impossible with them.  I also don't like how they basically get rid of the scratchiness while playing on the wound strings, it's one of the nuances on electric guitar I love the most.  Give me some thinner rounder picks like the Dunlop Nylons (my #1 favorites) .73 .88 or 1.0 and I'm in heaven.     

This is what makes horse races, I guess. I use a sharp-pointed acrylic pick (Gravity Picks Razer 2 Standard). No flex at all and I think they're faster (for me) and more accurate. It's larger than the Jazz III's (I have big paws) but works on the same priniciples, I guess.
Quote by ArturPr
Check out jazz 3 XL. They are bigger, but the same shape, material and thickness. I'm sure you'll like them

I'm going to try these next along with the JPs. I really like them for lead so far though. It really feels like my speed and accuracy is much better with them. The size surprisingly doesn't bother me comfort or playability wise, just unable to get a heavier attack because they are so short.