Wanted an Ibanez Xiphos for the longest time, but its out of production and it seems like stock Warrior is as good or better on every aspect as the stock Xiphos, so unless i rob Muhammed Suicmez, getting the Warrior is the better alternative.

Its got pretty much the same body shape, better pickups, original floyd and from what ive heard playability is excellent too. I already have an Ibanez 7-string RG7421 and plan on getting an 8-string (probs Ibanez RG2228), so i need a dedicated 6-string guitar with great playability for soloing and a floyd which ill keep strictly in D standard tuning. So the Warrior seems like the perfect match, what do you think guys? Thanks! 
If it's a USA or MIJ Warrior, go for it.  I've personally lost all faith in Indo made Jackson's.  I know people are going to come on here and say that their Indo Jackson is the Sh*t.  I've played a TON of them, owned a few, they're just too hit or miss for me to trust them.
Quote by Xander_X
If it's a USA or MIJ Warrior, go for it.  I've personally lost all faith in Indo made Jackson's.  I know people are going to come on here and say that their Indo Jackson is the Sh*t.  I've played a TON of them, owned a few, they're just too hit or miss for me to trust them.

Sadly, I'll have to agree. I want to love them so much; the modern Jacksons design-wise (especially the pros) look absolutely epic, but in my experience they just don't quite have the consistently good build quality that the old MIJ Pros did. Too many instances of sharp fret edges.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Sadly, I'll have to agree. I want to love them so much; the modern Jacksons design-wise (especially the pros) look absolutely epic, but in my experience they just don't quite have the consistently good build quality that the old MIJ Pros did. Too many instances of sharp fret edges.

Yep, this is my experience with modern Jackson's too. 

Real shame, the older MIJ stuff is really good, if you can get one look for one of those. 
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Poor fret jobs, separating fretboards, dry cracked fretboards, twisted necks, separating nuts, bridge pivot posts coming out of body, peeling paint (especially around the trem cavity), low grade cuts of wood.  Ibanez's Indo Premiums may have some QC issues too, but the quality of their wood is very nice. 
Last edited by Xander_X at Jul 5, 2017,
Quote by Xander_X
Poor fret jobs, separating fretboards, dry cracked fretboards, twisted necks, separating nuts, bridge pivot posts coming out of body, peeling paint (especially around the trem cavity, low grade cuts of wood.  Ibanez's Indo Premiums may have some QC issues too, but the quality of their wood is very nice. 

Seriously? I thought the Ibanez Premiums and Indo Jacksons were both made by Cort in the same factory.

That's madness, if true.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Seriously? I thought the Ibanez Premiums and Indo Jacksons were both made by Cort in the same factory.

That's madness, if true.

That may be true, but Ibanez (or even Jackson for that matter) still gets to choose what wood they use and also gets some say in how/what procedures are used to make the guitars.  For instance, one of the QC things you don't have to worry about with a Premium are the frets as that's part of what makes it a Premium is the fret job.  I know Ibanez usually has reps from Japan at their Indo factory(s).  Idk if Jackson (Fender) keeps one there or not.
DarthTyrannus83 I have a Xiphos XPT700 the blu/green chameleon paint DiMarzio D'Activator pickups, I bought it used in near mint condition for $400 it is a neck thru mahogany body with factory hard case and it is a great guitar.

I know they are both X body guitars but IMO the Xiphos look quite a bit better than than the Warrior which I have never liked. Xiphos are discontinued but can be found used and the neck thru models with the D'Activators are really nice guitars the only con is the Edge III, but if you get a good price on a used one an upgrade to a OFR you will have a great guitar for likely cheaper than a new Indo Jackson which I have heard can be hit or miss.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against Jackson in fact I am a big fan and owner of 6 MIJ Jacksons and one MIJ Charvel, but I have heard enough about the post MIJ jacksons to be leary and at the very least try before you buy if possible. 

T00DEEPBLUE Xander_X My Ibanez Xiphos is Indonesian and build quality, fit/finish, fretwork and playability etc. is easily on par with my MIJ Jackson/Charvel collection like I said the Edge III is the only let down and i will be swapping it out eventually. 
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
T00DEEPBLUE Xander_X My Ibanez Xiphos is Indonesian and build quality, fit/finish, fretwork and playability etc. is easily on par with my MIJ Jackson/Charvel collection like I said the Edge III is the only let down and i will be swapping it out eventually. 

They're not ALL bad.  In fact, I picked up a Pink SL3X when they first released and it's fit & finish were on par with some of the later MIJ Jackson's I've played.  It still didn't impress me enough and ended up selling it as it just collected dust.  

I'm not sure what bridge's you can swap for an Edge III, but I know every Edge original I've had can be beat up and down and stay in tune.
Thanks for input guys, but i dont plan on modifiying anything on the guitar as luthiers are scarce and expensive in my country and i dont think id trust my guitar to them. I just want a solid enough guitar right off the bat to just pick up and play.

Regarding the fit and finish, are there any online guitar stores where i can demand them to send pics of the exact guitar theyd be selling me before i buy it?
Sweetwater has a great reputation for checking out their instruments before they ship but you haven't mentioned where you are so no idea if they will ship to you.

Buying new, I think your only option is the X series correct - WRXMG.  The anecdotal data from the X series is that they are hit or miss so make sure wherever you purchase from has a great return policy.  If you are going after the USA model then I wouldn't have any fears.  

If you want a Warrior shape for that price then your options are limited.  If you just want 24 frets and a Floyd then the world is your oyster - too many options to start listing.    
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Go for it. I have a X-Series Warrior, but with a hard tail. It's great guitar, light, comfortable to play in any position. Mine was made in India and is my dedicated Eb guitar; I can't say much about the new ones made by Cort. But I wouldn't hesitate to get an Indonesian one.  I like the satin green one that's available these days.
metalmingee Thats a great answer thanks, didnt know about sweetwater.
One thing about the USA model, how do i differentiate the two and how to know which model a store is offering?

dthmtl3 Is its comfy in sitting position with the guitar placed on either leg? The x shape is killer but that large rear arm seems like it would get in the way.
Quote by Xander_X
They're not ALL bad.  In fact, I picked up a Pink SL3X when they first released and it's fit & finish were on par with some of the later MIJ Jackson's I've played.  It still didn't impress me enough and ended up selling it as it just collected dust.  

I'm not sure what bridge's you can swap for an Edge III, but I know every Edge original I've had can be beat up and down and stay in tune.

I did some research and from what I have read the Edge pro will retrofit as well as the Schaller branded OFR I'm noe sure the original edge will work I won't be doing any routing thats for sure. 

I have seen some nice Indo Jacksons I don't let country of origin dictate whether or not I will purchase a guitar if it is nice and plays well, looks well crafted etc. then I will buy it, My B.C. Rich Beast V is made in China and on par with my MIJs it is a neck thru and more expensive than other Chinese BCRs so that probably had some influence on the build.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

DarthTyrannus83 Just check out the specs and list prices on Jackson's site.  You're probably not going to find a USA Warrior in stock.  

The X Series has a rosewood board, reversed headstock, and EMGs for $866 MSRP.  

The USA has an ebony board, regular headstock, and Duncans for $3,333 MSRP. . . 
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
Quote by Evilnine
I did some research and from what I have read the Edge pro will retrofit as well as the Schaller branded OFR I'm noe sure the original edge will work I won't be doing any routing thats for sure. 

I have seen some nice Indo Jacksons I don't let country of origin dictate whether or not I will purchase a guitar if it is nice and plays well, looks well crafted etc. then I will buy it, My B.C. Rich Beast V is made in China and on par with my MIJs it is a neck thru and more expensive than other Chinese BCRs so that probably had some influence on the build.

If the Edge Pro and Schaller OFR are direct swaps, then an original Edge won't fit.  I really don't have any experience with the Edge Pro, but I've heard good things.  The Schaller's are also great trems.  They basically an OFR with shorter string lock screws.

I understand. Again, I've played some X series that were great players.  But compare them to some of my higher end guitars, and there were no reason for me to keep them.  It was no contest, and shouldn't be.  I've also had a couple of the Charvel Desolation series that were made in China that I was VERY impressed with.  No, you can't condemn entire brands/lines because of country of origin; it was more of a blanket call that I, personally, don't bother anymore with many lines that are known for having many QC issues, and HAPPEN to be made in certain countries.  
metalmingee Yeah i went through that after i posted, and well, no way im able to shell out 3.5 k for a guitar. X series Warrior should do the trick, it will be a huge upgrade from my previous 6 string which was a starter kit Yamaha ERG121C. Im not playing through amps or pedals, just an effects processor or vst plugins and im not gigging, so dont see the point of going that over the board in terms of price.
Quote by Xander_X
If the Edge Pro and Schaller OFR are direct swaps, then an original Edge won't fit.  I really don't have any experience with the Edge Pro, but I've heard good things.  The Schaller's are also great trems.  They basically an OFR with shorter string lock screws.

I understand. Again, I've played some X series that were great players.  But compare them to some of my higher end guitars, and there were no reason for me to keep them.  It was no contest, and shouldn't be.  I've also had a couple of the Charvel Desolation series that were made in China that I was VERY impressed with.  No, you can't condemn entire brands/lines because of country of origin; it was more of a blanket call that I, personally, don't bother anymore with many lines that are known for having many QC issues, and HAPPEN to be made in certain countries.  

Yeah I have heard good things about the Edge Pro and really would like to keep Ibanez gear on it but they are not cheap but thats my plan once I get the cash.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

DarthTyrannus83 Ok.  You'll need to research how your interface handles the Active EMGs in the WRXMG.  They provide a hotter signal and can overrun some interfaces easily.  

Evidently the 18V EMG mod (or the 23V mod if you don't have room for a second 9V) works well to increase the headroom in the pickups so they don't clip prematurely.  

I used my EMGs with a RockSmith cable into VSTs for a long while and it did fine but I wasn't after a clean tone. . . .   
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
metalmingee The 18V mod will increase headroom to some extent.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by DarthTyrannus83
metalmingee Yeah i went through that after i posted, and well, no way im able to shell out 3.5 k for a guitar. X series Warrior should do the trick, it will be a huge upgrade from my previous 6 string which was a starter kit Yamaha ERG121C. Im not playing through amps or pedals, just an effects processor or vst plugins and im not gigging, so dont see the point of going that over the board in terms of price.

You should be just fine.  Like was said, either order to a shop that you can play it first, or order it from a reputable online source with good customer service.  I too have had nothing but excellent interactions with Sweetwater.

Yes, if you compare an X Series to a USA side by side it's a no contest issue. But like the SL3X I had, if it was the only guitar I owned I could have easily used it even professionally.  Granted I IMMEDIATELY (like within the first 30 min of opening the box), swapped out the Duncan Design pups and Floyd Rose Special for real Duncan's and an OFR, but it's overall build was solid.  I sold it to a friend across the country who owns many MIJ Jackson's and LOVED it the moment he played it. So as long as it checks out OK, I'm sure you'll be happy with the X Series Warrior.
Xander_X I think ill stick with Sweetwater, yeah. Btw is swapping FR something i can do myself or should take it to a luthier instead? If its just screws and springs, i can manage, if theres filing and stuff invloved, i wont bother. Also, do you know any online store where i can get OFRs for the most affordable price?
DarthTyrannus83

The Special isn't a BAD trem. For your purpose, unless you're planning on using it A LOT, are like me and just anal about having a Special in a guitar, or in the rare instance you end up having a tuning stability issue, there should be no reason to spend the money replacing it.

But to answer your questions, it's an easy swap. However, if you're unsure how to do that, I'm willing to bet you're unfamiliar with giving the guitar a proper new set up and intonation. In which case I would then take it to a luthier anyways.

Other than direct from their website, eBay would be your best bet for price, if you know what to look for.

Keep in mind that everything adds up too. Add a case, an OFR, cost for luthier time .... You start verging on used USA prices
Last edited by Xander_X at Jul 6, 2017,
Xander_X I see now. Regarding the price its one thing to shell out 1300$ right away and another to spend ~800$ then gradually upgrade over time if needed. Ive setup my guitars before, but all of them were fixed bridges, so ill probably take it to a luthier.

Thanks for help, much appreciated.
Quote by DarthTyrannus83
Xander_X I see now. Regarding the price its one thing to shell out 1300$ right away and another to spend ~800$ then gradually upgrade over time if needed. Ive setup my guitars before, but all of them were fixed bridges, so ill probably take it to a luthier.

Thanks for help, much appreciated.

You really should learn how to set up your own guitars.

Swapping out bridges really is as simple matter of taking the old one out and putting the new one in. Know how to put a square peg in a square hole? You can swap the bridge out.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Yes, it's very comfortable sitting down with the guitar on either leg. The upper horn doesn't get in the way at all.