I fell in love with the Ibanez neck and the S-Series when I played one when I had classes, so I was thinking of getting one for me. My budget is around 650$ tops. I stumbled upon the S520, S521 and S621 models, but none of my local shops have them for testing, only the Prestige models (the only way to try them out is to order them beforehand).

So, I was wondering if anyone owns one of these guitar or has any advice on this matter? It doesn't really need to be an Ibanez S-Series (preferable though), but I'm adamant about the thin neck and being HH and not HSH.
What advice are you looking for?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
If they're worth the price, better alternatives for the price, feedback from people who own them, etc.
Well for $650, you can land a used Prestige.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I've tried searching for those but I couldn't find a good deal so far. And most of them are HSH, I really hate picking strings on that setup.
I love Ibanez guitars, along with many other brands, but I wouldn't buy one that wasn't MIJ or USA.  
Quote by SamuraiMav
Xander_XAre the Indonesian ones that bad? I seem to read that they're either very good or very bad.

I think you kinda just answered your own question right there.

But, for the price difference, especially used, I stick with my original statement. You can get a used Ibanez from the "Golden Era" for less than a new Premium.
Last edited by Xander_X at Jul 5, 2017,
indeed, used prestige is the best deal with ibanez. the premiums are good, but not worth the pricetag. fujigen or gtfo honestly
If you're looking for the sexy S shape, maybe look at the older 540 series? They were made in the same factory as the modern prestiges and stand toe to toe with them for quality. The largest differences are the trems (lo pro edge vs ZR... edge wins!) and the older ones were only 22 fret.

Honestly, my s540 plays better than my s5470.

Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
DarthV 
I get you.  I think the Prestige's are great guitars, but I prefer the late 80's/early 90's myself; especially the ones equipped with the Dimarzio/Ibz F-series pups.
Quote by Xander_X
DarthV
I get you.  I think the Prestige's are great guitars, but I prefer the late 80's/early 90's myself; especially the ones equipped with the Dimarzio/Ibz F-series pups.

My best playing Prestige is my rg1570, so I'm not really modern vs older biased The great thing for the S series, in 1993(2??), they started using the AANJ. I think that's why I never really got into the late 80s and very early 90s Ibanez, hated the blocky heel joint.

And I swapped out the stock humbuckers in the 540 for a Mo'joe & PAF Joe :P But yeah the stock pickups in the older MiJ ones were a lot better than the V7/V8's!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by DarthV
My best playing Prestige is my rg1570, so I'm not really modern vs older biased The great thing for the S series, in 1993(2??), they started using the AANJ. I think that's why I never really got into the late 80s and very early 90s Ibanez, hated the blocky heel joint.

And I swapped out the stock humbuckers in the 540 for a Mo'joe & PAF Joe :P But yeah the stock pickups in the older MiJ ones were a lot better than the V7/V8's!

See, I only have experience with the RG series.  They stopped using the original Wizard, and original Edge (for the most part) in the early 90's.  Both of which I prefer.  It's not so much of a quality thing; though I do tend to me more biased toward pretty much anything made between, we'll just say '85-'95, make it a solid decade lol.  And yes, the older Dimarzio made IBZ pups were awesome.  They fetch a pretty penny used as well.