For those that don't know, they got back with Ozzie, making it the original members, and back in 2013 made an allbum (but they broke ul this year, and I believe that there may be another one coming out, but I may be wrong, in which it would be their final album).

I've actually seen mixed reviews online, saying that it's good, but not quite as good as their early work. I personally disagree and think it's their best album (then Paranoid, Black Sabbath, etc.).

I also think it's their heaviest album by far. At one point I was questioning what makes music heavy, and just went off to go listen to music, and when Dear Father turned on, I just said "That's it. That is what heavy means."

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I don't really care. Please share your thoughts below!
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

I live for my girlfriend. <3
"What do you guys think about Black Sabbath's newest album 13?"

I don't.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I don't.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by gogiregion
I also think it's their heaviest album by far. At one point I was questioning what makes music heavy, and just went off to go listen to music, and when Dear Father turned on, I just said "That's it. That is what heavy means."

lol you're 14 you know heavy about as well as you know Bo
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
are there any slams on the album?
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist

U kiddin bro iron man ivnented the slamm lok dis guy knows nothin wat a pube hahahahaahahaha
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
that album came out years ago, there is nothing new or refreshing about it in my mind

but speaking of sabbath, i'm watching the stoned age right now to conclude my 4th of july hangover and "paranoid" is playing the background as i type this. 
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I don't remember much of it except God Is Dead. I suppose it was ok but I'd just rather listen to Master of Reality.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
I think OP can't distinguish between production and songwriting. It's literally the only possible reason someone might think 13 is the best Sabbath album ever(and even then, I think the 'minimalist' production on the early albums is excellent anyway).
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
That drummer from Rage melded with the leges pretty well. That guy makes some sick beats
Quote by theogonia777
lol you're 14 you know heavy about as well as you know Bo

I honestly can't figure out what this is supposed to mean.

Quote by k.lainad
that album came out years ago, there is nothing new or refreshing about it in my mind

but speaking of sabbath, i'm watching the stoned age right now to conclude my 4th of july hangover and "paranoid" is playing the background as i type this. 

Some people call Metallica's newest album new. Plus I said newest, not new.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
I think OP can't distinguish between production and songwriting. It's literally the only possible reason someone might think 13 is the best Sabbath album ever(and even then, I think the 'minimalist' production on the early albums is excellent anyway).

I also have strange tastes in other stuff too. I like the writing of a lot of the songs. I think that some songs like God is Dead?, Dear Father, Live Forever, and Age of Reason (and a lot of others, but those are my favorites) have good songwriting. Maybe I'm just really weird. That's probably it.
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

Quote by gogiregion
I honestly can't figure out what this is supposed to mean.

You don't know Bo and since you know Bo like you know heavy, I'm saying you don't know heavy.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
It's a good album. What bothers me is that they rehashed some things, which I guess is understandable considering it's their 'reunion' album, they wouldn't start experimenting now. End of The Beginning is Black Sabbath, Zeitgeist is Planet Caravan, Loner is N.I.B.

I disagree that it's their best. It seems more 'heavy' compared to the 70s because of the production.
Quote by theogonia777
You don't know Bo and since you know Bo like you know heavy, I'm saying you don't know heavy.

Tell me what you know about Bo?
N8dagreat3

Born in 1962 in Alabama and was the 8th of 10. Named after his mother's favorite actor. Was drafted to play in the Majors after high school but committed to Auburn on a football because he promised his mother he would be the first in the family to go to a major university. Set bad school records and won a Heisman. Got screwed by the Bucs and lost his senior year of baseball. Drafted 1st overall by the Bucs but refused to sign. Won national decathalons and was so good that he had a big enough lead to skip the last event, the 1500m, because he hated distance running. Was reported clocked at a 4.13 40. Worked out a deal with AL Davis to play for the Royals and Raiders in the same season and slit backfield duties with fellow Heisman winner Marcus Allen. In 1990 he was selected to the Pro Bowl, making him the only all star in both the NFL and MLB. Suffered a football career ending injury in the divisional round game against the Bengals in January of 91 but continued to play baseball, eventually hitting over 100 home runs and 400 RBIs. After football, he had minor acting rolls including a guest appearance in the second part of the two part first season Fresh Prince episode, Your Prince is in Effect, where he came to Will in a fictitious anecdote to learn to cook, at which point Will hooked him up with Heavy D. With a Maximum Speed of 75, he is the fastest offensive player in Tecmo Super Bowl. And that's all I know off the top of my head.

And heavy:

Last edited by theogonia777 at Jul 5, 2017,
Quote by theogonia777
N8dagreat3

Born in 1962 in Alabama and was the 8th of 10. Named after his mother's favorite actor. Was drafted to play in the Majors after high school but committed to Auburn on a football because he promised his mother he would be the first in the family to go to a major university. Set bad school records and won a Heisman. Got screwed by the Bucs and lost his senior year of baseball. Drafted 1st overall by the Bucs but refused to sign. Won national decathalons and was so good that he had a big enough lead to skip the last event, the 1500m, because he hated distance running. Was reported clocked at a 4.13 40. Worked out a deal with AL Davis to play for the Royals and Raiders in the same season and slit backfield duties with fellow Heisman winner Marcus Allen. In 1990 he was selected to the Pro Bowl, making him the only all star in both the NFL and MLB. Suffered a football career ending injury in the divisional round game against the Bengals in January of 91 but continued to play baseball, eventually hitting over 100 home runs and 400 RBIs. After football, he had minor acting rolls including a guest appearance in the second part of the two part first season Fresh Prince episode, Your Prince is in Effect, where he came to Will in a fictitious anecdote to learn to cook, at which point Will hooked him up with Heavy D. With a Maximum Speed of 75, he is the fastest offensive player in Tecmo Super Bowl. And that's all I know off the top of my head.

And heavy:

Bo got his name from boars
Quote by N8dagreat3
Bo got his name from boars

His name is Vincent Edwards.
Quote by theogonia777
His name is Vincent Edwards.

his family doesnt even call him that
Quote by N8dagreat3
his family doesnt even call him that

His birth certificate does.
Quote by theogonia777
His birth certificate does.

were you even alive when Bo played professional sports?
Quote by N8dagreat3
were you even alive when Bo played professional sports?

Yes but what difference does it make?
Quote by theogonia777
Yes but what difference does it make?

You're trying to discredit the op based on age, you brought up Bo, and I dont think you ever watched him play live.
Quote by N8dagreat3
You're trying to discredit the op based on age, you brought up Bo, and I dont think you ever watched him play live.

I guess the adage is false. Better lever than Nate.
Quote by theogonia777
I guess the adage is false. Better lever than Nate.

Im just not sure copying bits and pieces off the internet and pasting them as your own knowledge means you know anything about Bo.
Quote by N8dagreat3
Im just not sure copying bits and pieces off the internet and pasting them as your own knowledge means you know anything about Bo.

lol okay
Quote by SirZep
It's a good album. What bothers me is that they rehashed some things, which I guess is understandable considering it's their 'reunion' album, they wouldn't start experimenting now. End of The Beginning is Black Sabbath, Zeitgeist is Planet Caravan, Loner is N.I.B.

I disagree that it's their best. It seems more 'heavy' compared to the 70s because of the production.

That's true. I guess I can see why someone wouldn't like that. I think it's fitting since its their reunion album, like you said. I prefer some things like End of the Beginning over Black Sabbath (don't get me wrong, it's still great, but I prefer the style of End of the Beginning a bit more).

That is also true. Although I think that some songs wouldn't quite be as heavy, but maybe. IDK. Maybe there's some studio cover I don't know of.

ACTING LIKE BLACK SABBAAAAATH
ACTING LIKE BLACK SABAAAAAAATH
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I like Damaged Soul a lot tbh
Probably because it sounds like it belongs on Sabbath Bloody Sabbath to me
However 13 is not as good as the original albums
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by theguitarist
I prefer to jam.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
It's great. I actually think it's better than some of the original albums, they're a little overrated, the quality of the songs isn't so consistent. However, Sabbath with Dio is the best.
wasn't all the original members since bill ward wasn't on it
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I thought it was alright. Had some really good riffs on it but what do you expect, it is Tony Iommi. 

Ozzy's vocals and Geezers lyrics were a little a hammy compared to the earlier stuff but my major complaint, as it always is with these rock/metal giants these days, is editing. 

I'm sick of every song being in the region of 6/7 minutes long. I mean Opeth are my favourite band so to say that I don't like long songs would be madness, but come on guys. It seems that every album these days is littered with songs that in 1972 would have been 4:30 long and are now 7 minutes + because the band are surrounded by producers who either don't give a shit or how to say no. 

tl;dr, big bands need to remember how to edit like they used to when their musical output mattered. 
Gibson SG 2016 1960's Tribute
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Marshall DSL100H
Marshall 1960B 4x12
ProCo Rat 2
Quote by BladeSlinger
wasn't all the original members since bill ward wasn't on it

Oops, right.

It's alright not there best work with OZZY by any measure it is slow and plodding and i was turned off by the way Bill Ward was treated and his drumming is definately missed on that album. although being released in 2013 it might be more prudent to refer to 13 as their latest album not their new album.

FWIW 2010's "The Devil You Know" by Heaven and Hell AKA Black Sabbath version 2 with Iommi, Butler, Dio, and Appice which was the last studio album Dio ever recorded is far better IMO than 13.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge