I wanted to get a nice fuzz pedal, and I'm really on the fence between what I should get first: Big muff Pi, or Eric Johnson Fuzz Face? Any of you guys have some advice for what I should get first? I will eventually get both when I have the money. If it's of any help, as far as distorted sounds go, I try to go for sort of Guns N' Roses, Metallica, kinds of sounds, and for Clean and Crunchy I usually go for a sound pretty similar to Buckethead, Eric Johnson (duh) kinds of stuff.

Thanks In Advance! 
Umm.... Guns & Roses and Metallica have nothing to do with fuzz. Why are you thinking fuzz?
You're not going to get a Metallica tone with a fuzz pedal buddy.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
None of those guys use fuzz except for EJ. Not to be rude, but do you know what fuzz is?

If you go with a muff circuit you'll get that mushy Smashing Pumpkins sound. The fuzz face will give you that ripping, velcro distorted Hendrix sound. Fuzz faces are difficult to use though. You need a tube amp on the verge of breakup and the settings on your pedal almost completely opened for it to sound decent.

I can't recommend either since I don't know what sound you're going for. The only thing I can suggest is the Wampler Velvet Fuzz since it's the only pedal that can create both sounds.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
This is what fuzz is about:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1709810

You're probably thinking more about Distortion or Overdrive pedals. One you might look at is a used Jekyll & Hyde V2 (by Visual Sound), or the V3 version from the same people with a different corporate ID, TrueTone. Can definitely do G'n'R.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I Find the Big Muff Pi to be too saturated for my taste, I prefer a Fuzz Face. But Fuzz Face is so reactive to the rig that different amps sound good with different Fuzz Faces. I prefer the Silicon Fuzz Face for my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. With the Blues Junior I prefer the Germanium. My choice has to do with how much low end is produced by the setup.

Having said that, I would recommend a RAT instead of a fuzz. I like the You Dirty Rat, but it has less output and a darker tone than the regular RAT. I would also add a Tube Screamer to the RAT. 
Quote by monwobobbo
Umm.... Guns & Roses and Metallica have nothing to do with fuzz. Why are you thinking fuzz?

slash has his own personal octave/ fuzz box made by mxr
Quote by N8dagreat3
slash has his own personal octave/ fuzz box made by mxr

Yeah but it wasn't used in Guns & Roses so not useful for that purpose.