Hey guys.

A few months back I bought a Yamaha 612VII just to get me back into guitar playing. Absolutely love the guitar, feels great. I have been playing without an amp however.

Recently, my nephew bought himself a lovely Fender MIM SSS Strat, and a Yamaha THR5. Not going to lie, the combo sounds amazing especially on those cleaner tones.

So that inspired me to recently invest some money into a Yamaha THR10 Amp, it hasn't come yet but I just wanted to know a couple of things.

Pretty much I want to know whether you guys think the guitar would sound good with a HSS (Coil Split) configuration. Or if I should invest in an SSS guitar. Here's a link to the guitar I currently own: https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/GPA612VIIFMTBU/solid-body-electric-guitars/yamaha-pacifica-612vii-electric-guitar-in-flame-maple-trans-blue?LGWCODE=GPA612VIIFMTBU;56375;6335&gclid=CLqs09v28tQCFQO37QodM1kE2g

I know that it's ultimately down to whether I like the sound but I want a general idea before the amp arrives. I play very clean stuff, chorus, flanger, phaser. Never use any heavier effects. So will my guitar sound good on them cleaner tones?

Thanks for any advice guys!
Quote by brendonkalaja10

Pretty much I want to know whether you guys think the guitar would sound good with a HSS (Coil Split) configuration.

Or if I should invest in an SSS guitar.

1. Yup
2. Nope.
1) test the new amp with your current guitar before buying anything - it shouldn't sound drastically different since the yamaha is a strat type guitar.

2) the important pickup for clean sounds is the neck single coil - that's the money pickup so you should be fine with an HSS.
No reason your guitar won't sound fine. Split humbucker won't sound exactly like a single cool but unless you really feel you need a single sound in the bridge then not a biggie.