Looking for something that can play Foo Fighters and Black Keys with a good clean tone. I play through a AC15. Needs to be able to hold its weight with fuzz. Thanks!
what you really need is a new amp

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Honestly, it sounds like all you need to do is invest in some good tone (i.e. new amp/pedals/pickups/etc) than a new $1,000 piece of wood. Tons cheaper too.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jul 6, 2017,
Your skills and talents are infinitely more important than the quality of your gear. If you can't play an easy foo fighters song cleanly on a 100 buck knock off, you don't need a thousand dollar guitar.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

something with both humbuckers and single coils 

something like a yamaha 812
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Also keep this technique in mind.

You'll save about $20 by not getting a whammy bar so a $1019 without a whammy would cost $999--in your budget
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by zgr0826
theogonia777
Classic

I actually found a video the kid did for a school project in college. It would be kind of funny to contact him and tell him that he's a guitar legend.
Quote by theogonia777
I actually found a video the kid did for a school project in college. It would be kind of funny to contact him and tell him that he's a guitar legend.

Do it.
For.
Teh.
Lelz.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Real answer: Paul Reed Smith Singlecut SE - By far my favourite guitar I've ever played

Shtpost answer: You need a new amp. Always go modeling amp, this isnt the 60s
Quote by Stringer88
Looking for something that can play Foo Fighters and Black Keys with a good clean tone. I play through a AC15. Needs to be able to hold its weight with fuzz. Thanks!

Both of those bands play a lot of Semi Hollow guitars. Look at Gretsch and Epiphone. A lot of Ibanez artcore and Hagstrom items are well worth a look as well.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
Both of those bands play a lot of Semi Hollow guitars. Look at Gretsch and Epiphone. A lot of Ibanez artcore and Hagstrom items are well worth a look as well.

Plus with a hollow body you can fill it with sand to make it sound like a solid body.
Quote by Duaneclapdrix

Mine has a fucking perfect neck

is it nice and thick? ๐Ÿ˜Œ
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
so half flaccid with an unshapely body?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Wangcaster, new amp, whammy bar, your mom was versatile last night, etc.
To be honest, the most versatile guitar you can probably get under one grand is a pre-used Fender Strat. It isn't a classic for no reason. Whether it's rock, funk, jazz, reggae, blues, country or metal, I've seen it used in most styles. Just make sure you use roundwound strings; flatwound is if you want a very specific timbre, pretty much to exclusively play jazz.

I personally play a Gretsch Electromatic but it set me back 1200$, though I can play most styles on it.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Coltrane

The apple always falls close to the tree, but the tree always falls on the power lines.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Jul 9, 2017,
Stringer88
Post this in the electric guitar section of the forum instead of the off-topic section and you stand decent odds of getting answers that aren't stupid.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Stringer88
Post this in the electric guitar section of the forum instead of the off-topic section and you stand decent odds of getting answers that aren't stupid.

The most versatile guitar is any that isn't in the hands of a GG&A regular because such a guitar would never be used for anything other than testing goofy pedals.
Quote by nico_9550
a Fender or G&L Telecaster

this.

get a tele with humbuckers.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
in terms of most versatile, it's near impossible to beat a Godin LGXT. Almost always under $1000 on the used market and offers magnetic seymour duncan (i believe) pickups, a piezo pickup, a programmable midi control, an XLR output for said midi control, a built-in preamp for the piezo, a synth control, and 5-way selector. Good luck beating that.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬