Hey, I just want to ask you guys about an opinion, because I don't quite know how to decide which guitar to buy. I've been playing for about a year and I want to replace my beginner guitar. I think I'm still in the beginner phase, I just want better sound and playability since my current guitar doesn't offer me much.
The thing is, that when I'll buy a guitar, I'll probably have it for at least a while (few years at least.. I'm  still a student and I'm on a budget, and even used Fenders are expensive for me). 

So would it be better for me to wait a while and gather more money and get a Fender or is Squier tele good enough? 

Does anyone have Telecaster Affinity and how is it working for you? 
I've seen the reviews on Squier Affinity, they are pretty good, but I still have doubts. What would you do ?

Thanks
I've had both and they were decent in stock form. I would factor in a set-up whichever one you buy.  (imo) Tele's are simple guitars and most have that "Tele vibe" no matter the price range. My personal pick for a budget Tele would be a Classic Vibe 50's model. I like the spec's on that one. 
Used Mexican (mim) would be my first choice. Classic vibe series squier would be 2nd. Affinity aren't terrible but not great either.
Quote by monwobobbo
Used Mexican  (mim) would be my first choice. Classic vibe series squier would be 2nd. Affinity aren't terrible but not great either.

You could do a lot worse than a used MIM that's for sure. They can go surprisingly cheap if you keep your eyes peeled. My last one I paid $200. I slapped Fender Nocaster tele pup in the bridge and it rocked.
Well I wouldn't pay too much attention to reviews, for one, unless you know the person writing them knows what they're talking about. It's a slightly uncharitable viewpoint, I suppose, but I wouldn't count on people who just got their first guitar (which isn't every Affinity owner by any means, but it's a large proportion if not the majority) to tell me whether it's any good or not, nor indeed after a year or two of playing, since they have only a limited point of reference at that time. Even with more expensive gear there are too many biases involved for me to trust any reviewer I don't know personally.

In any case, I always find there's not much to get wrong on a Tele. An Affinity will still sound and feel like a Tele, and it will certainly do the job. A Classic Vibe Squier Tele or a Fender will be a nicer Tele, though. It's really a matter of whether you're willing to spend the extra money on a nicer sound, nicer look and nicer feel (most of the time, anyway - you can certainly get lucky even with Affinities) over something that does what you need it to. That depends on your situation, really.

Certainly quality and price don't have a linear relationship. I buy Fenders because I want to and can, but I wouldn't make the claim that my Fenders are three times as good (whatever that means) as a Squier that costs a third of the price. Equally, I would say if you buy a £300 instrument instead of a £150 one, that extra £150 is getting you more than the £150 difference between a £300 instrument and a £450 one would.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I've seen a lot of threads on Tele forums of people with a pretty substantial number of "better" Teles using an Affinity as a modding platform and getting good results. (The general trend seems to be: the nut has to go immediately, the bridge could stand an upgrade, the tuners are hit-and-miss, the jack plate is brittle plastic, the pots and wires are iffy, and the neck pickup is not very good at all, although the bridge pup is passable. That squares with my experience playing a few Affinitys in shops.) The good thing about Teles is that they're a very simple design, and a very modular one; there aren't that many parts, and every one of them can be replaced by someone with little experience. If cash is really tight, an Affinity might be a good choice, and you can upgrade a piece here, a piece there, until you get it how you want. You'd learn a good bit about repair and maintenance that way, too. If you go that route, I'd probably recommend trying out the specific one you'd buy, because fretwork and necks on the low-end Squiers aren't always super consistent and that's one thing you will want as good as possible from the get-go.

The Squier Classic Vibes are really, really good and may not need much if anything in the way of mods. They're pine-bodied, which isn't inherently bad (and is in fact correct to the first run of Teles), but I do tend to see those with lots of small-to-medium finish chips, and they ding pretty easily, which is something you might want to consider. That wouldn't put me off, but I know for some people it would.

You might also look at a G&L Tribute ASAT; you can find those used for reasonably close to MIM Fender prices, and a lot of times they'll be included in a Musician's Friend guitar sale or stupid deal for $349 new. I have a Tribute series G&L and I'd take it over any import Fender and some American Fenders that I've played. If I were in your shoes, that's probably the direction I would go. 
Thank you all so much for the response, your explanations and opinions. 
I actually got an opportunity in buying used Squier Classic vibe 50' for a reasonable price. I'll see what I'll do. 
I think that's the best you could do, Classic Vibe's are the best you can get when it comes to the popular Fender models under Squier brand.

Otherwise... Everything except the Affinity line. The overall quality and the neck makes them to be acclaimed the worst Squiers followed by the SE line such as my own Strat.
'07 Jackson Pro Dinky DK2M (MIJ)
Squier Strat SE
Marshall Valvestate VS15R practice amp
Quote by andre.fontes.es
Otherwise... Everything except the Affinity line. The overall quality and the neck makes them to be acclaimed the worst Squiers followed by the SE line such as my own Strat.
I would have to disagree. The Affinitys are generally not fantastic but they are workable. The SEs are pretty much the same thing. Honestly I have not heard anyone call the Affinity models the worst Squiers.

Now the Squier Bullet? There's a POS.

In any case, are the Classic Vibe models better value for money and substantially better guitars? That's got to be a resounding yes.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one