hello, i have bought a second hand 50s series and i have this hum sound all the time and 50s series has no noise cancelling feature.. Even my no name brand old strat does not have that much noise.. is that normal since it has vintage coils? otherwise im going to change it with a standart MIM tomorrow.. what do you suggest? is that normal since it has vintage pickups? heres the comparison between my no brand guitar (black one) and 50s: [url="(Invalid video video code)]      
It's hard to judge how loud it is in absolute terms but in general I'd say that's par for the course - it could be that the cheaper model has stronger (ceramic) magnets with fewer winds on the pickup, which I think could lead to less hum, but I'm not certain of that.

That said, it really depends on the extent. If the hum is loud (relative to the overall volume) even on a clean sound then I would suspect something isn't quite right, possibly with the grounding. Also, the hum should be reduced when you're touching the strings.

The easiest way to check whether this is normal would be to compare it directly to another similar vintage-style Strat, through the same amp on the same settings.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
K33nbl4d3 thanks for your reply. bad thing is, there was not any other vintage strat in the music store where i bought it. i tried a mim standart before this one in the store, and it was more silent than the 50s. should i expect 50s to be noisier than the standart MIMs?
Quote by ozk.ozturk
should i expect 50s to be noisier than the standart MIMs?
I can't really answer that question confidently, sorry - I rarely use modern-style Fenders. I'm sure someone here has done a direct comparison at some point, though.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one