HI,its my first post so excuse me if its in wrong forum.
I need some help with choosing guitar for heavy metal ,thrash and similar things.
my budget is 500 euro + -
Im torn between:
Epiphone annihilation 2 V with epiphone probuckers 2 and 3, soft case (new from thomann) price 429 euro
Dean two tone silver burst flying v 255 with emg 81 85 pick ups, licensed floyd rose, hard case  (used from ebay) price 499 euro, might be able to get it for 400e plus shipping
Dean Eric Peterson old skull V (testament) with emg 81 85 pick ups, with tune o matic (?) bridge strings through body ,hard case. Price 449e plus shipping
I own already Dean razorback ttsb 255 with emg 81 85, bc rich kerry king warlock and some olllllld EKS Starfire startocaster, playing through Marshall G80RCD ( i know its not that good, but I only play at home so its enough for me...or is it??), and using line 6 pocket pod (will buy some pedals later on).
Iam open to other suggestions, doesnt have to be V shape or things like this but would be nice if it is.
Thanks for help!
Gretch hollowbody? 
"I definitely don’t write all my music in a blackout, like I used to, although I did come up with some good stuff in a blackout."
-Matt Fucking Pike
Try to find a Japanese Jackson they stopped making them at Chushin Gakki in 2011 but they are everywhere on the used market and will likely leave you with some surplus cash or maybe find a used an Ibanez Prestige.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jul 6, 2017,
From that list I would go for the EP' Old Skull. I like the spec's compared to the others.

I imagine the guitars you already have would cover a lot of Metal ground. Maybe an amp "upgrade" might be something to look into instead.
Quote by Guitaraxe

I imagine the guitars you already have would cover a lot of Metal ground. Maybe an amp "upgrade" might be something to look into instead.

Agreed.  Can pretty much already hit all the metal territory.  not sure why new amp isn't priority.  

then again, I've never been one to want more than two guitars.  I have a strat always, and then whatever else floats my boat for the time being.  
"I definitely don’t write all my music in a blackout, like I used to, although I did come up with some good stuff in a blackout."
-Matt Fucking Pike
Thanks for helpful answers, in this case what amp should I be looking at? I have no idea whatsoever.
If you're are or are not happy with your amp tone then I think that answers your questions.  Not happy = new amp.  Happy = new guitar or something else.  

For Europe at your budget I'd look into the Laney IronHeart series.  I have the IRT-Studio and it's a great amp for the house.  Pair that up with a Harley Benton VINTAGE cabinet from Thomann and you're set.  

Used ENGLs should also be on your radar.  
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
If you're are or are not happy with your amp tone then I think that answers your questions.  Not happy = new amp.  Happy = new guitar or something else.  

For Europe at your budget I'd look into the Laney IronHeart series.  I have the IRT-Studio and it's a great amp for the house.  Pair that up with a Harley Benton VINTAGE cabinet from Thomann and you're set.  

Used ENGLs should also be on your radar.  

Should I consider ironheart preamp/head and harley benton cabin, or combo from Laney?
I found Laney ironheart irt pulse for 210 Euro new, should I be looking at those, or combo is better?
Last edited by kambel79 at Jul 6, 2017,
kambel79 Either one really.   Depending on your volume needs you may be really, really happy with the IRT-Studio and a 112 cab.  It's the guitar amp PLUS a USB interface, headphone out, etc. 
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
Quote by metalmingee
kambel79 Either one really.   Depending on your volume needs you may be really, really happy with the IRT-Studio and a 112 cab.  It's the guitar amp PLUS a USB interface, headphone out, etc. 

What could you tell me about line 6 spider v 240? Any better then what I have already? (Marshall g80rcd?)
kambel79 Nothing.  I've never played one.  I prefer to go with non-modeling amps.  
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
I'll second the amp idea. If I was you I wouldnt get another guitar with identical pickups unless you want multiples for different tunnings or REALLY love the EMGs I have one axe with Duncan's and one wth EMG 81-85 combo. Gives me some nice variety.

Maybe see if you can score a (possibly used) mini 6505 head? That thing would be killer for home use.
I don't know should I be buying that line 6 spider V, I've read many reviews and comments, and it looks like its not really good amplifier to buy. I considered getting L6spiderV60watt and their fbv3 foot controller, but I don't know anymore. Could someone who have that amp let me know is it really that bad as people say?
Other option I'm thinking is getting Orange micro dark, and harley benton 112 vintage cabin or 212 vintage cabin.
I looked for used peaveys 6505 mini, but didn't have any luck finding one.
Keep in mind, I need that to play at home, no gigs or things like that.
Last edited by kambel79 at Jul 7, 2017,
Quote by kambel79
I don't know should I be buying that line 6 spider V, I've read many reviews and comments, and it looks like its not really good amplifier to buy. I considered getting L6spiderV60watt and their fbv3 foot controller, but I don't know anymore. Could someone who have that amp let me know is it really that bad as people say?
Other option I'm thinking is getting Orange micro dark, and harley benton 112 vintage cabin or 212 vintage cabin.
I looked for used peaveys 6505 mini, but didn't have any luck finding one.
Keep in mind, I need that to play at home, no gigs or things like that.

The Spider V sounds like ass. Don't waste money buying one. If you want a decent budget modelling amp, look into getting a Peavey Vypyr VIP. They're easily the best cheap modelling amp in the price range for metal tones.

Regarding non-modelling amps and tube amps, I find the 6505MH to be really underwhelming. It's versatile and has a lot of features, but it doesn't do any particular sound particularly well. The clean channel is decent for such a small head, but the high gain tones (which is what people buy 6505's for) are just plain weak. They're thin, raspy, and they suffer a problem that a lot of smaller heads have in that they have a weird upper midrange spike in their tone that the EQ cannot dial out. The build quality of the mini head isn't the best either. The EVH LBX amps absolutely murder them tonally, are a lot better made despite being somewhat similarly priced. They don't have anywhere near the same number of features as the 6505MH, but everything it can do, it just does so much better.

Another thing too is that the 6505MH is not all tube. It has tubes in both the preamp and the power section, but there's also a lot of solid state components present in the guitar's signal path (solid state phase inverter, solid state opamp chips in the preamp to help push the tubes into overdrive etc). So technically it's actually a hybrid amp. On the other hand, the LBX amps are true all-tube amplifiers with no solid state bullshit affecting the tone.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I would not touch a dean at that price. junk. and you can get better.

If you want a guitar I would agree with the ibanez prestige recommendation or a mij jackson.

for amps, dodge the spiders.

for 500e you should be able to land a 6505+ combo, Marshall DSL 40c, or a laney irt studio and be in good shape overall.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
I would not touch a dean at that price. junk. and you can get better.

If you want a guitar I would agree with the ibanez prestige recommendation or a mij jackson.

for amps, dodge the spiders.

for 500e you should be able to land a 6505+ combo, Marshall DSL 40c, or a laney irt studio and be in good shape overall.

Plus one on skipping the cheap Deans and Line6 Spiders 

Here is the US you can grab the USA made 6505+ head for $500 or under not sure about Europe one of those and a 2X12 would be awesome as long as the 2X12 had decent speakers in it.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Thanks everyone for input, I'm gonna pass on guitar and get amp as most people noticed its better to upgrade that. I looked all over eBay and similar sites for mentioned engl, peaveys, and Laney's. Unfortunately all are above my budget. Won't buy any line 6 amplifier either, thing is Im not looking for valve amp. I know, it's best sound quality but I guess I will buy Blackstar id core 150 with blackstar fs12 for total of 460euro new with 3 years warranty from thomann. de. I read many good things about it, listened to quite few sample videos on YouTube and I have to say, what it offer for that price satisfy my needs. Thanks again! If it's stupid idea to get blackstar let me know, what other solid state amps/modelling amps are worth considering.
at your budget, it wuld be silly to go with a SS to be honest.

that amp; is just an oversized practice amp.

time for big boy gear
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
why not get a used peavey bandit 112 combo amp, im still using one although mines usa made, not sure of any difference in quality if its made somewhere else though, it's non modeling but sounds good to me, and im using an ibanez rg1570 prestige through it with a boss gt10 4 cable method
T00DEEPBLUE 

I haven't personally tried the 6505 MH, just watched a bunch of demo vids on youtube.  Thanks for the input.  I see them up on the local classifieds and I thought about snagging one at some point myself just to try out or for when my buddy drops by to jam. 
Quote by kambel79
Thanks everyone for input, I'm gonna pass on guitar and get amp as most people noticed its better to upgrade that. I looked all over eBay and similar sites for mentioned engl, peaveys, and Laney's. Unfortunately all are above my budget. Won't buy any line 6 amplifier either, thing is Im not looking for valve amp. I know, it's best sound quality but I guess I will buy Blackstar id core 150 with blackstar fs12 for total of 460euro new with 3 years warranty from thomann. de.  I read many good things about it, listened to quite few sample videos on YouTube and I have to say, what it offer for that price satisfy my needs. Thanks again!  If it's stupid idea to get blackstar let me know, what other solid state amps/modelling amps are worth considering.

Honestly the Blackstar IDcore is just a glorified budget modeler plugged into a big speaker cabinet. It's a toy.

Like thrashed has said, your budget allows you to get a real amp.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I push it a lot, but if you're looking for a "metal" amp in a combo, I can't say enough good things about the Peavey XXX Super40.  The only thing I don't like about it, the clean/crunch channel is not foot-switchable.  I rare use clean anyways so it's no big deal.  It's a sh*t ton of gain though that's not really easy to back off on, so it's not well suited for anything less than hard rock IMHO.