driving against the turn of the earth affect your gas mileage? 
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
if there is a fly in my car and I am going 60 mph and it is flying forward towards the front end of the car, is it technically going over 60 mph?

Quote by Harvey Swick
if there is a fly in my car and I am going 60 mph and it is flying forward towards the front end of the car, is it technically going over 60 mph?
are you driving with or against the turn of the earth?
my chevy coriolis is a piece of shit tbh

Quote by whoomit
are you driving with or against the turn of the earth?

with it but I'm on the North Pole

no, but it does affect aircraft and rocket launches
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Harvey Swick
with it but I'm on the North Pole

make sure you pack your sweater

these are the kind of thoughts i have that i never say out loud.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Since the car is in contact with Earth it is moving along at the same speed as the surface, so from the frame of reference of a stopped car both it and the Earth are stationary. So I'd say no, the fuel efficiency wouldn't be different since the car wouldn't actually notice the Earth is moving at all.

But like Stewie said it's a different story for rockets and shit. If you wanted a rocket to stay above the launch pad on the whole of it's flight you'd need extra fuel to match the turn of the Earth at that point.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Last edited by 剣 斧 血 at Jul 6, 2017,
About as much as an ant walking on a turning ball.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I don't think so. My understanding is that we are all moving with the earth all the time, and all motion is relative to it, so it shouldn't matter what direction we're going. But I'm definitely not an expert.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

/r/showerthoughts
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Quote by Harvey Swick
since there's no absolute frame of reference for speed, it depends how you look at it

should you crash into a wall and break your windscreen and the fly splats against said wall you couldn't exactly argue that the fly wasn't going at whatever speed over 60mph

but if you don't crash into a wall and you're just in the car with the fly it's basically not

re the first question no, everything around you is turning with you so the rotation of the earth has no perceptible effect on your movement
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jul 6, 2017,
Does the expansion of the Universe affect the 24 hour rotation day period of Earth? Does it affect the year as well?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Last edited by Nelshizzle at Jul 6, 2017,
No it doesn't affect your gas mileage. If the Earth is spherical and spins at approx. 1000mph at the surface along the equator from west to east, then you travelling west at 30mph means you're travelling at 970mph or heading east it'd be 1030mph. You can drive the same distance regardless of the spin of the Earth. Your gas mileage is much more affected by mundane things like jerky acceleration, engine efficiency, topology, traffic, car maintenance etc.

Quote by Nelshizzle
Does the expansion of the Universe affect the 24 hour rotation day period of Earth? Does it affect the year as well?

I have no idea. probably.

Quote by StewieSwan
no, but it does affect aircraft and rocket launches

It does affect rocket launches, because they're trying to leave the planet and get into orbit. but the Earth's rotational speed doesnt directly affect airplanes. It's more to do with atmospheric winds, the same winds that affected traders during the age of sail.

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/about-us/40-our-solar-system/the-earth/climate-and-weather/68-why-do-airplanes-take-longer-to-fly-west-than-east-intermediate
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by Nelshizzle
maybe a little (like a physics little, which means not at all in practical terms) but the expansion of the universe isn't really relevant to small things (like solar systems) bound together by gravity
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by Nelshizzle

Yes but not by any noticeable amount.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Just be sure your tires are properly inflated and you'll be good!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

*hits blunt*
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Quote by kalypto
no because gravity

lrn2inertia
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
About as much as an ant walking on a turning ball.

more like an amoeba 
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why