Hullo everybody! I have Epiphone Florentine and Orange Crush 12L amp and one Overdrive Pedal. I want play country, jazz or blues. But i would like play with it effects. Like in this songs :

If i can find necessary effects, i'll obtain them with pedals. Thanks for all of comments from now. Regards  

Marty Robbins - Big Iron, El Paso ( -
Ink Spots- If i Didn't Care (
Louis Prima - When Your Smiling (
Ella Fitzgerald - Cry Me A River (
Last edited by sauerkrautpiee at Jul 7, 2017,
I'd worry about getting a better amp first before worrying about pedals. Orange Crushes are pretty crappy, especially the small ones What is your budget?

With that said though, there are some very useful kinds of effects for those styles that you can think about getting after you upgrade your amp.

Compressor (especially for fingerpicking and hybrid picking)
EQ
Overdrive
Reverb
Delay (for slapback)
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Thread was moved to forum: Guitar Gear & Accessories
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
T00DEEPBLUE thanks first  

Yes, my amp is soo cheap for advanced playing but i bought i new guitar in last week. So i am not available for buying a new amp, but next year i am still thinking about buying a new Crush or Crush Pro. I love hybrid amps. And, i like British amps, so if i change my mind, i think around British Amp Companies like Laney, Orange...  I always want portable amps.

And, thanks for effects again but if i buy one of them first, which one should be? 
If you're not available for buying a new amp right now, save up enough money until you can. It's indisputably the best thing you can do for your tone in the long term and buying more substandard amps and pedals in the meantime will only further delay the acquisition of what you really need.

Buying pedals before buying a good amp is not a good idea. All that does is turn your cheap amp into a huge bottleneck.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
If you're not available for buying a new amp right now, save up enough money until you can. It's indisputably the best thing you can do for your tone in the long term and buying more substandard amps and pedals in the meantime will only further delay the acquisition of what you really need.

Buying pedals before buying a good amp is not a good idea. All that does is turn your cheap amp into a huge bottleneck.

Which amp from Orange you can suggest? Especially Crush. 
Quote by sauerkrautpiee
Which amp from Orange you can suggest? Especially Crush. 

The Crush amps just aren't good. Sorry. Can't recommend them.

What is your budget?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
The Crush amps just aren't good. Sorry. Can't recommend them.

What is your budget?

Not much, max 300-250$. But i'll be glad if you suggest hybrids :/ Like i said, i need a transportable one. 
Quote by sauerkrautpiee
Not much, max 300-250$. But i'll be glad if you suggest hybrids :/ Like i said, i need a transportable one. 

You're right, not much to work with.

Not really sure what to suggest except maybe the best Fender Mustang you can afford. Maybe a Quilter?

Portability is a valid concern, but with smaller amps come smaller cabinets and with small cabinets typically comes a small, boxy tone.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
In that price range?

A Quilter 101 or Micro 45 head would get you the tones, but you'd need to buy a separate cab. A 12" would do it, maybe a Panama?

The smaller Fender amps, perhaps?

A used Carvin Vintage 16 or Peavey Delta Blues 115 would be nice, and should be available for @$400. I know- more than your ur budget- but very much worth the extra expense and time saving up for one,
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
In that price range?

A Quilter 101 or Micro 45 head would get you the tones, but you'd need to buy a separate cab.  A 12" would do it, maybe a Panama?

The smaller Fender amps, perhaps?

A used Carvin Vintage 16 or Peavey Delta Blues 115 would be nice, and should be available for @$400.  I know- more than your ur budget- but very much worth the extra expense and time saving up for one,

Nope, they are max. I'm not live in US. So i paid more because of currency. But, i'll look at them.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
You're right, not much to work with.

Not really sure what to suggest except maybe the best Fender Mustang you can afford. Maybe a Quilter?

Portability is a valid concern, but with smaller amps come smaller cabinets and with small cabinets typically comes a small, boxy tone.

Before you said, i think Orange Crush Pro 60 or 120. Do you suggest them? 
OK, the picture is clearer: you're outside the USA, need portability, and have a tight budget.l with little wiggle room.

Refining my suggestions, most would be too expensive, especially accounting for international shipping and tariffs.

However, a Quilter 45 and a Panama cab would seem to be perfect. The 45 would run you @50% of your budget here in the USA; probably 60-70% outside the USA. But there wouldn't be any power concerns because of the way Quilter does heir power supplies.

Panama cabs are not an elite brand, but they're not bad, and they're quite affordable. You may have more luck locally, though, especially shopping the used market.

http://www.quilterlabs.com/index.php/productpage/microblock-45
http://panamaguitars.com/products/type/cabinets/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

I'm a proponent of studying music history and learning those lessons.  Watch any of these acts old live recordings, you'll find every guitar player plugged directly into an amp.  There's a strong possibility a reverb tank is used here and there.  Point is, if you wan't classic rhythm and blues tone, get classic gear (or close to it).

My 2c, keep the Epiphone and take a look on Reverb and look at old 50's and 60's amps and find out if they ship where you are.  For example, there's a 58 silvertone tube combo for 250 bucks.  The added shipping probably won't cover out of country, but a lot of sellers on Reverb will work with you if you reach out and are honest.  That's just an example, but my mantra is why imitate if you can get the real thing.  Old 50's and 60's combos you can find for a steal these days and it's what your idols were playing on the road.
"I definitely don’t write all my music in a blackout, like I used to, although I did come up with some good stuff in a blackout."
-Matt Fucking Pike
dannyalcatraz omg, Quilter amps design is awsome, first minute first goal. I'll think about this. 
Quote by Badluckpalms
I'm a proponent of studying music history and learning those lessons.  Watch any of these acts old live recordings, you'll find every guitar player plugged directly into an amp.  There's a strong possibility a reverb tank is used here and there.  Point is, if you wan't classic rhythm and blues tone, get classic gear (or close to it).

My 2c, keep the Epiphone and take a look on Reverb and look at old 50's and 60's amps and find out if they ship where you are.  For example, there's a 58 silvertone tube combo for 250 bucks.  The added shipping probably won't cover out of country, but a lot of sellers on Reverb will work with you if you reach out and are honest.  That's just an example, but my mantra is why imitate if you can get the real thing.  Old 50's and 60's combos you can find for a steal these days and it's what your idols were playing on the road.

Thanks for reply  
Quote by sauerkrautpiee
dannyalcatraz T00DEEPBLUE hey again. We decided to go a studio with my band, what effects we need for some Jazzy jam? Especially for Jazz solo's. We want some vintage tone. 

And can someone explain Master volume?

are you sure you want to go to a studio? i mean you have to pay and clearly don't know what you want to do. 

master volume controls the overall volume of your amp. some amps have volume and gain controls for individual channels that you can set but control the actual volume of the amp with the master volume. this is often found on high gain amps. 

as for fx well what to do you guys use when you play? most studios will have some fx available at the board (like delay). again though going into a studio with no clue as to what you are doing seems like a waste of money to me. 
Quote by monwobobbo
are you sure you want to go to a studio? i mean you have to pay and clearly don't know what you want to do. 

master volume controls the overall volume of your amp. some amps have volume and gain controls for individual channels that you can set but control the actual volume of the amp with the master volume. this is often found on high gain amps. 

as for fx well what to do you guys use when you play? most studios will have some fx available at the board (like delay). again though going into a studio with no clue as to what you are doing seems like a waste of money to me. 

(Emphasis mine.)

+1 Truth.

Quote by sauerkrautpiee
dannyalcatraz T00DEEPBLUE hey again. We decided to go a studio with my band, what effects we need for some Jazzy jam? Especially for Jazz solo's. We want some vintage tone. 

And can someone explain Master volume?

A lot of the jazz/jazz fusion guitarists I can think of use some kind of chorus, reverb/echo/delay, and phaser- usually dialed in subtly.

Quote by monwobobbo

Well, we go for trial. So we don't record anything or pay much because of that. And, thanks for replies.
If it's a traditional jazz guitar sound, just plug straight into the amp on the clean channel and roll off some treble.

Some of the music examples that you posted are just acoustic guitar, and some of them are clean electric guitar with no effects (other than probably some reverb). So if you are after a "vintage" jazz sound, you may not want to use any effects. It's mostly about using a hollow body guitar through an amp with good sounding cleans (so I think your first purchase should be a good clean amp).

Also, if you want to learn to use effects, a multi FX pedal would be the best way of giving you an idea of what you can do with different effects. Though, for the tones that you are after (basically no effects) getting a multi FX pedal may not make that much sense...
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Jul 19, 2017,
Quote by sauerkrautpiee
Well, we go for trial. So we don't record anything or pay much because of that. And, thanks for replies.

not sure what that means.  trial for what. still seems like a wasted effort if you don't know aqht you want to do or how to do it.  it may be free or dirt cheap this time but in the future always try to be as perpared as possible before going into a studio. 
boss hm2
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/