View poll results: I use...
iOS
12 32%
Android
25 68%
Voters: 37.
Page 1 of 2
The Ultimate VS Thread

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Do androids dream of electric sheep?
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Fuck, I actually clicked the wrong option....Android master race reporting in.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I like my iphone a lot.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
love my Xperia X Performance so ANDROID
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by matt bickerton
Anyone who says Android is in denial 

iOS is so so so so so so ugly

Plus everything I have is linked into Google

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Android!

matt bickerton I am not in denial, of course I also don't feel the need to have a Steve Jobs poster in my bedroom or use all of my vacation time to camp out in front of an Apple store for two weeks twice a year.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

iOS is all I've ever worked with. Never tried an Android so I can't say, but I kind of want to try the Galaxy 7 so maybe someday.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I've only ever had iPhones and I love them, there's nothing about any other phone that makes me want to change, the iPhone just does everything great
I've always used android, but me and the gf needed new phones and the iphone 6's were on sale so got those and I have to say, I actually love it a lot.

Probably not gonna go back to android tbh
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

I think iPhone has actually perfected hardware for a phone right now even though Android had much more compelling hardware in the past. I would buy an iPhone with a back and app tray button (and headphone jack) if it were not for iOS which is ugly and restrictive. Google Assistant > Siri, the customisation of Android is superior and it just looks better overall. Also Android has phones at a range of price points so you don't have to break the bank to get a good device.

Honestly I'd say just don't worry about having the latest phone with apple if you want a good priced phone. Got mine for $200, which still isn't cheap but it's not bad and miles better than my last phone which was honestly a beater to begin with but still.
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by matt bickerton
Anyone who says Android is in denial 
in denial of what? i do use android

if i said ios i'd be in denial of the fact that i don't have £500 to spend on a phone
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I had Androids (Samsungs) and they always shit the bed after 8 months or so. I HATE the file management system and all the bullshit steps I have to go through to put a fucking song on it. And it's ugly af

Like my iPhone much more
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
I had Androids (Samsungs) and they always shit the bed after 8 months or so. I HATE the file management system and all the bullshit steps I have to go through to put a fucking song on it. And it's ugly af

Like my iPhone much more

That's because you bought a Samsung

have android

it's ok

wouldn't mind an iphone tbh

someone buy me one 
Quote by FireFromTheVoid
Ultimate-slash VS UltimateGuizar Thread
they're both great

Quote by matt bickerton
Typical Android users can't help but bite at my comment
i mean your comment implies that only people who voted ios on this poll use androids which is a bizarre statement really
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
they're both great

/thread
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by K33nbl4d3
i mean your comment implies that only people who voted ios on this poll use androids which is a bizarre statement really

I've read that sentence multiple times and I don't understand it

I also really couldn't care less in truth
Quote by matt bickerton
I've read that sentence multiple times and I don't understand it
you said people who said they use android are in denial

which implies that they don't use android

therefore only the people who voted ios can possibly be android users

Quote by matt bickerton
I also really couldn't care less in truth
then why did you read it multiple times and then edit your post to add this?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jul 7, 2017,
yeah cos the question wasnt what you prefer, but what you use.

Actually the smallest things about the iPhone that makes me not want to go back is the group chat function. I was sick of getting left out of shit because almost every friend had an iPhone and Android just fuck it all up when they get added to a group

Now I'm the one who leaves the android users out of the loop
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
Actually the biggest thing about the iPhone I like is the group chat function. I was sick of getting left out of shit because almost every friend had an iPhone and Android just fuck it all up when they get added to a group

Now I'm the one who leaves the android users out of the loop

don't you guys have whatsapp?

Did you just assume my operating system? 

Quote by K33nbl4d3  then why did you read it multiple times and then edit your post to add this?

To inform you that you're reading way too much into this, you seem to be looking for some kind of fight that isn't even there 
Last edited by matt bickerton at Jul 7, 2017,
WCPhils 
No, the best thing is the touch login for every app, no more signing in to anything every again
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by matt bickerton
Did you just assume my operating system? 
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by EndTheRapture51
don't you guys have whatsapp?
i had it on my android but I dont know anyone who uses it.
___

Quote by The_Blode
android but they are getting pretty apple-esque in how they are slowly dialing back user freedom in the updates.

tbh I'm not too fussed about the software these days as the main things I look for in a phone are ease of music playing, does it have a decent built in dac/can I connect my own dac via usb, does it allow solid hi res audio, does it allow decent size microsd cards? (main reason I switched from samsung to sony was just because they ditched the sd card slot that one generation), can the battery last playing music all day long? can I easily drag and drop mp3s in? (I get the feeling iphone might still have some sketchy ipod style forced itunes requirement still but I'm sure they must've dropped that by now. not sure since I never have cause to use apple products).

anyway android while slowly getting more annoying (tbh it's only warranty concerns that have stopped me rooting my phone already and doing whatever I want) all the app functionality still has more usability to me than ios stuff (eg poweramp is perfect music player to my audiophile set up but it's not on ios still I think, though there are solid alternatives that are but I haven't been impressed by their android versions)

my sony xperia Z5 is a bit beat up and has been with me a while but I've become kinda uncaring when it comes to getting the latest phone, as long as it still does what I want it to, I'm going to keep whatever phone I have, instead of upgrading as soon as my contract is over.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I've gone back and forth quite a bit between iOS and Android and there are certain things I like over the other for sure so if we're strictly talking the OS then they're both decent IMO.  

That being said, I haven't really liked iPhones as phones and had a bunch of issues with my 4s and 5s with clicky screens, random hangs and limited unlocking features at the time (you couldn't even manually change the APN). Once I got a Galaxy S7 I just never really looked back. I like the features better, the stock camera I find had more options and took better pictures compared to my buddy's Iphone 7, I could enter the BIOS on it and do minor troubleshooting or even load up custom ROMs etc... 

The only thing I really miss is the connectivity since I could get my texts on my MB and reply from there. I probably could've replicated that experience with Hangouts but since Google nuked the SMS support that's totally not gonna happen. 
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by theguitarist
android but they are getting pretty apple-esque in how they are slowly dialing back user freedom in the updates.

tbh I'm not too fussed about the software these days as the main things I look for in a phone are ease of music playing, does it have a decent built in dac/can I connect my own dac via usb, does it allow solid hi res audio, does it allow decent size microsd cards? (main reason I switched from samsung to sony was just because they ditched the sd card slot that one generation), can the battery last playing music all day long? can I easily drag and drop mp3s in? (I get the feeling iphone might still have some sketchy ipod style forced itunes requirement still but I'm sure they must've dropped that by now. not sure since I never have cause to use apple products).

anyway android while slowly getting more annoying (tbh it's only warranty concerns that have stopped me rooting my phone already and doing whatever I want) all the app functionality still has more usability to me than ios stuff (eg poweramp is perfect music player to my audiophile set up but it's not on ios still I think, though there are solid alternatives that are but I haven't been impressed by their android versions)

yeah iphone still uses itunes but im not sure if anyone uses it to connect to their computer everyone seems on spotify/apple music nowadays

Quote by WCPhils
i had it on my android but I dont know anyone who uses it.

oh wow everyone and their mum has it over here, it or messenger are the default method of communications

Quote by EndTheRapture51
yeah iphone still uses itunes but im not sure if anyone uses it to connect to their computer everyone seems on spotify/apple music nowadays

true on the latter thing, most people I've seen don't even bother copying music to their phone and are totally using spotify/some other streaming that saves some files locally, those are the sorts of people who are happy listening to shitty youtube uploads of songs though. I realise I'm more the exception in needing something better than the stock app and actually having a load of files stored locally (my current set up has me plugging in a portable amp/dac via usb to the phone and having a microsd with lots of mp3s and stock apps can't give me all the features I want for that)

oh wow everyone and their mum has it over here, it or messenger are the default method of communications

I got off whatsapp a while ago since it was just used by the muslim guys I hung with sometimes because some of them were all afraid of having proper social profiles on facebook due to family spying on their accounts, whatsapp they could "hide" what they said and sent. talking the cliche kinda repressed manchild types here.

facebook messenger is my go to now but I refuse to install the app unless I'm in some immediate back and forth conversation with someone because it occasionally has bugs that suck up my battery like crazy (sometimes it's fine, sometimes it goes crazy and I suddenly would find my battery nearly dead out of nowhere, the bug seems to never quite go away for good despite constant updates), I have a firefox tab with mobile facebook open that works well and doesn't hurt battery at all though while it's not active (it was in chrome but messages on facebook in chrome has gone super fucky recently, regardless of whether I go desktop version or not)
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
true on the latter thing, most people I've seen don't even bother copying music and are totally using spotify/some other streaming that saves some files locally, those are the sorts of people who are happy listening to shitty youtube uploads of songs though. I realise I'm more the exception in needing something better than the stock app and actually having a load of files stored locally (my current set up has me plugging in a portable amp/dac via usb to the phone and having a microsd with lots of mp3s and stock apps can't give me all the features I want for that)

I got off whatsapp a while ago since it was just used by the muslim guys I hung with sometimes because some of them were all afraid of having proper social profiles on facebook due to family spying on their accounts, whatsapp they could "hide" what they said and sent. talking the cliche kinda repressed manchild types here.

facebook messenger is my go to now but I refuse to install the app unless I'm in some immediate back and forth conversation with someone because it occasionally has bugs that suck up my battery like crazy (sometimes it's fine, sometimes it goes crazy and I suddenly would find my battery nearly dead out of nowhere, the bug seems to never quite go away for good despite constant updates), I have a firefox tab with mobile facebook open that works well and doesn't hurt battery at all though while it's not active (it was in chrome but messages on facebook in chrome has gone super fucky recently, regardless of whether I go desktop version or not)

i still use my ipod classic 120gb for music, have a good amount of music stored on my 64gb microSD but that's only for the rare occasions i dont have my ipod with me. i hate streaming and refuse to pay for spotify premium.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid

not the same. it might be a copy of an old version but it does not have the features of the newer versions or the beta that has a lot of hi res options functionality in:

http://powerampapp.com/
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
iOS vs Android? Sick it's 2010 again and I can go back and info all the regrettable decisions in my life
Last edited by TheChaz at Jul 7, 2017,
Page 1 of 2