0 0%
Jackson King V KV MB
2 40%
BC RICH MK11 warlock
0 0%
Other(comment)
1 20%
Voters: 5.
I am buying a new guitar in the upcoming months and I wanted to ask what would you recommend me in the range 1000 - 2000 euros. I am currently looking into: esp E-II arrow / E-II Horizon III FR STBLK(yes I am aware they might not be as good as the standards in some people's opinions but I don't want to buy second hand), BC RICH MK11 Warlock, Ibanez prestige RG6UCS MYF uppercut , Jackson pro RR24 , Jackson pro king V KV MB, ESP LTD JH 600. As you may have guessed I play mostly Thrash and Death metal. If you have better ideas in that price range please let me know. Thanks in advance
Well there's quite a difference between some of those guitars, and some cost a fair bit more than the others. The Ibanez has stainless steel frets which I personally love, but do you want ultra-tight pickups like the Aftermaths? I imagine the feel of the necks on some of these would differ a fair bit. Tbh, I would be reluctant to spend 2000 euros on one of those guitars, as you're approaching custom prices. So questions to ask yourself: Do you really want stainless steel frets? What sort of neck do you prefer? Do you really want a V shaped guitar? What wood do you prefer? What sort of pickups are you looking for? You may want to change them out anyway. Also, I'm assuming you'll be using the floating trem, because otherwise I would definitely pick something else.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Emperor's Child well In terms of pickups I seek raw sound something heavy and tight without that modern palm mute buzzing sound. Just a tight palm mute and punching sound overall. I am into thin necks. I would like it to be a V shaped guitar but playability and sound are first then design. For wood I must say that It doesn't matter to me in terms of fanciness rather in sound but to be fair any wood does for me as long as it sounds good to me . I like the sound of Mahogany and Alder but if you give me a great sounding basswood guitar I'd buy it. So no wood preference really. Yes I do want a trem model. I put the cheaper models too just in case. But the e-IIs, BC rich and Ibanez are all around 2000 and if that price offers significant superiorities over the cheaper ones I am willing to spend them.
Last edited by ratchet5534 at Jul 9, 2017,
Emperor's Child sorry for posting from another account the one I used to post the thread is old and I don't remember it's password and email password, I thought I was logged into this account
You could get a custom from Mensinger and other custom shops for that amount of money.

https://public-peace.de/mensinger-guitars/m-guitars

I saw you wanted a V:

http://www.mensingerguitars.com/en/mensinger/guitars/sharp
http://www.mensingerguitars.com/en/mensinger/guitars/valentine
http://www.mensingerguitars.com/en/mensinger/guitars/horn

However, ESP standards are great guitars. No idea about the E2 line though.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Jul 9, 2017,
Fisheth24 the E-II are just renamed standards so the ESP logo can only usta on custome shops and the original line. Many people say they are the same but some say they had bad experiences with them... kinda confusing but I did find mostly good reviews for the E-II basically saying they are identical to the standards as they are made by the same people in the same factory
Last edited by ratchet5534 at Jul 9, 2017,
Fisheth24 well not V in particular. Any alternative design would be nice to have but playability and sound and quality come first. And I suppose you have experience with these mensinger guys?
Quote by ratchet5534
Fisheth24 well not V in particular. Any alternative design would be nice to have but playability and sound and quality come first. And I suppose you have experience with these mensinger guys?

I own a couple of basses from them, top quality stuff. Made in Poland and shipped from Germany, proper custom shop stuff. They're a small company that have been around for almost 40 years now.

Links to my NBD threads: 

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1715790

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1752586
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by ratchet5534
Fisheth24 hmm nice I live in germany

Adrian's warehouse is in Aldenhoven. 

Shoot him an email, I'm sure he'd be happy for you to take a look at his stock! 
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by ratchet5534
Fisheth24 nice I think I'm going on a little adventure to aldenhoven.

Do it, Adrian is really accommodating, really warm and friendly. He's been employing the same fifteen people since he took over the brand in the 90's if I remember rightly. 

If you get to go take a few pics and make a thread on your trip.

Would make for good reading!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Fisheth24 one more question. I don't seem to find custom quotes on the site. I can for example order a six string Horn model right? Because the only one on the site is a 7 string.
Quote by ratchet5534
Fisheth24 one more question. I don't seem to find custom quotes on the site. I can for example order a six string Horn model right? Because the only one on the site is a 7 string.

You would be able to, you just need to send Adrian an email:

info@public-peace.de
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by ratchet5534
Fisheth24 out. I sent an email to the inbox provided on the site itself office@mensingerguitars.com

Ace, see what you get back!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100